Mjk Fly Truck Chassis

gazza

If you like the looks of, and racing the Fly trucks, you will be more than happy with MJK's latest release

20140720_151049_zps6d28ad63.jpg

Many an enjoyable race meeting has been cut short due to .... guide posts snapping and even the chassis cracking around the rear axle housing

The new MJK chassis does away with all these problems and allows you to get down to some serious racing

This kit is by far MJK's most complicated, complicated in the amount of preparation and manufacturing that has gone into it

The kit contains everything you need to get that damaged truck back on the track, or to make your existing one bullet proof

Everything from the existing plastic chassis is simply transferred across

Detailed instructions are extremely easy follow, and each kit contains all the brackets to suit all four models, Mercedes, MAN, Sisu and Buggrya

DSC_0012_zps83708180.jpg

DSC_0011_zps6ef5097f.jpg

Being laser cut, the chassis very clean and smooth, you may need to run a round file over the motor support brackets to ensure a nice fit

The guide support arm is nice and strong, with good solid lugs to stop the guide from spinning around (an earlier plastic problem)

2_zps8ccfb690.jpg

As the new chassis is all metal all the weight is now low on the track, and there is no need to add any extra weight to it

P1060495_zpse70e135c.jpg

DSC_0184_zpsf64c99c7.jpg

Link

MJK has also released it's "Super Singles" range of wheels and Tyres for the trucks as well

20140720_153115_zpsd10f5fca.jpg

P1060483_zps01e7494c.jpg

The overall width is the same as the original, and replacement duel set

If you intend to use the "Super Singles" you will find that you may need to replace the existing axle assembly with the slot-it equivalent

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at these with great interest...

Should be a good leveller for the Fly trucks, especially if the price is right...

Edit:

Can't seem to find these online anywhere... :angry:

Edited by shadow_rusty

Looking at these with great interest...

Should be a good leveller for the Fly trucks, especially if the price is right...

Edit:

Can't seem to find these online anywhere... :angry:

they are pretty much hitting the shops this week....armchair said they should have them by the end of the week, so i guess others wont be far behind....they retail for around $59

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so im trying to put one of these under a buggyra but it doesnt fit.

i dont know if the miniauto edition truck has a different body to the other buggyra's but im going to have to hack into the bodywork to get the rear of the chassis to fit into the body.

has anyone had a go at putting one together yet and had the same problem?

edit. the rear axle post width on the chassis is roughly 29mm but the body width is 26mm...its a fair discrepancy

Edited by Mobbzee

Not sure if you noticed, but there are 2 different rear body post mounts...

Are you sure that they both don't fit?

I believe that 'Number 3' on the left side of this diagram is for the Buggy's...

It also looks like there are spacers between the plate and the chassis...

DSC_0011_zps6ef5097f.jpg

Edit:

Bugger, totally forgot that most Buggy's and Man's only have 1 screw in the rear...

Does your have 2?

Edited by shadow_rusty

With the spacer installed, the MJK chassis should sit beneath the body.

Having looked at a few (Mostly Merc and Sisu installations), they all seemed to fit under they bodies, rather than 'inside of' the bodies.

Or is the issue that the axle mounts aren't fitting inside of the body?

Edit: Just re-read your original post...

Please ignore me... Apparently I need more sleep...

Seems like yes, if the axle mounts are not fitting inside the bodies that there must be different bodies arround with different widths between the 'uprights'...

The only solution that doesn't involve cutting up the body would be a new motor/axle mount.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Nice as they are I am unlikely to buy one of these chassis, without buying another truck first, but my Racer Buggyra appears to be the same as the Miniauto one! One hole.

08050-buggyra-racer.jpg

I don't race but doesn't using a single rear tire defeat the "essence" of a truck?

Edited by FLY in the wall

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

• 3 weeks later...

Put the chassis under a Sisu as buggyras are quick out of the box. After a bit of fiddling it gained a half second a lap, bit fiddly to put together but a good kit just the same.Dale

RUBBINS RACING SO HARDEN UP

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread.

For a laugh i just bought two Scalextric trucks.

Does anyone think there is enough adjustment possible as the scaley trucks have a slightly longer wheelbase? i don't have them yet so cannot measure.

Img_2911_notwixiracing_zpsjz29crj8.jpg

Who has them?

Edited by FLY in the wall

Outside the box looking in.

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

• 10 months later...