sigmaman

Version 1.5 Braking Issue.

Have the Scaley SSD 6 car 1.5 power base. Yesterday it was working perfectly. I went out to the garage this morning,have touched nothing,and in some places on the track the brakes have gone. In other spots its ok. I checked the brakes were still on on the cars I tested and the thats all fine. Is not just one car,and it happens with both DPR or hard wired cars. I cleaned the rails thinking maybe just a dirty signal and it seemed to help but the problem is still there in one or two spots on the track.It seems to be a bit random. Has anyone else had this happen?

www.sigmamansmodels.com

More likely is that the controller isn't 'zeroing' correctly...

If the car can accelerate in the 'non' braking zone, then the track should be ok.

My first point of call would be to try a couple of controllers...

I'll swap some controllers around. Sounds like that might be it. I have all six in use and all are programmed with two or more cars.

www.sigmamansmodels.com

Seems like was just limited to one controller. The weird part was it was completely random. Sometimes it was ok and sometimes it wasn't.

www.sigmamansmodels.com

Yep, that's the main issue with the genuine scaley controllers.

Cleaning the variable resistor inside with a little isopropyl alcohol can help.

Also, putting a very thin spacer between the resistor and the controller body on the left hand side can help.

This will move the resistor to the right and help it get to the 0ohm (brakes) side of the resistor.