SeducedXR

1/24 Flexi Racing On The Sunshine Coast

I haven't been into the slotcar scene for 18-20 yrs. in Caloundra we had a commercial track racing Flexi & wompy cars. Does anyone know of these kind of tracks on the Sunshine Coast as I'm keen to get back into this type of racing.

The only tracks in Queensland that i know of that run flexis,GTP 12s and wing cars are at Wynnum,Hillcrest,Rockhampton and Mackay.

Hi

There is no commercial tracks on the coast at the moment but there is quite a few guys who have fairly large Routed tracks that run 1/32 scale maybe here is your opportunity to open one.

So most guys running 1/32 scale cars on these routed tracks are they running scaletrix style cars or wompy style? Are the scaletrix style cars fast and what about parts ie crowns, pinions, brushes etc are they easy to come by. I know there is a commerical track at Caboolture now but would be keen on running on a routed track if there are any on the coast like a club or something.

Mostly we are running 1/32 Scalextric style RTR cars - as for are they fast I haven't driven a wompy style so I can't compare - they are fun to drive we have some close racing and we run a variety of classes from classic GP to modern LeMans. A couple of chaps also run 1/24 cars which depending on the make can be quite a bit quicker than the 1/32 cars

DM

Edited by dangermouse