drw21

Race 5 Hawkes Bay - NPSR

Greetings from Vanuatu and thanks to the boys for running this round. Nice to see some new names up the pointy end.

Who was driving the other lanes? Looks like I was going ok but had a bit of a shocker on black.

Podiums are for short people.

Btw guys, next years RTR nationals will be held on this track. If your car is capable of 5.2 or better you'll definitely be competitive, and should consider entering.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Wow, the 'Vette seems to be getting better and better. From 14th in Quali to 11th in the race and with a faster best lap too! Looks to me like the car is settling in with the repairs carried out by Mike and Chas. A much better result than I had dared to hope for. Congrats to the podiumites and many thanks to everyone for the chance to run this round.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

I was driving Black Mac. I had it step out twice under acceleration coming onto the main straight, (marshaled expertly by mrs pie-dude) but I also got taken out twice - for further detail - see yellow lane driver. (mr pie-dude)

And I think there was what became a 3 lane snarl up on the inside, and I was last to depart from the carnage - I forget who started it.

ps. Vanuatu - is that your lame excuse for not turning up to marshal. anfishboat.gif

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Okay "The carnage count"

There wasn't too much. We have a stray exhaust pipe I cannot identify. I have put that and a wing mirror into a bag, I figure at the end of the event, Dave can take on shot of all stray items not identified and ask entrants to try and name and claim them.

Neil - your Porsche lost it's rear lights/bumper section in qualifying. We left them off until I could do a more workmanlike repair than just a dob of superglue.

So I have run a bead of JB quick around much of the lip and both ends where it connects to the main body. That should hold it better, and is not visible from behind. It won't add any measurable weight to the back, I kept it as thin as practical.

Haystack, your car got t-boned, and as a result your rear wing was taken off, with one side hanging to the main bar by a whisker.

I have also given that a JB Quick bandage on the inside where you can barely see it.

Both repairs should be hard by lunchtime, so I'll get the cars off to Wazza after lunch on Fastways.

Warren - is there anyone home during the day to receive them?

Would you prefer a work address?

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

SlotsNZ ...... thanks.. I'm grateful that the guide mount is still connected to the chassis... body damage is always going to happen.. I'm not fazed... but thanks again...

Big thumbs up to all who are a part of this series..... also really impressed with (the care taken & the efforts to show us) handling & deliveries of our cars....

& the racing is good to .....

Thanks for running this round guys. Sounds like you all had some fun.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

On their way. You should receive Wednesday.

Thanks Mark and the HB team for running Race 5. Special thanks to Chris for allowing us to use his track and doing the qualifying.

Dr Speed is surprised and happy with second place as it looked like from the last 4 rounds, that he would be stuck in the middle of the pack.

As for my entry, I seem to be back peddling pretty fast.

Perhaps someone could check the braids, as I seem to remember we had a problem with it under performing in Round 1 until we re- positioned the braids as they seemed a bit loose in the guide holder.

Anyway bring on Round 6!

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Ask Wazza to check in the R6 thread before the race.

But I watched all qualifiers, and checked braids for ride height & flattened them if too high leading to wheel stands out of the slot, and lowered them if I thought lack of contact might be degrading power (and cleaned them as we went in qualifying.)

Hi all

just looking over cars for running repairs.

HG Panel - your interior was loose - welded back in, both tyres COMPLETELY unglued - can see the flakes of the glue used previously. We suspect that as a major cause of the shudder.

Have re-glued, and as it is never QUITE the same rotation, giving them a bit of a spin with the lathe at present.

Any others I have missed from R4 I will comment and repair after qualifying tomorrrow.

Thanks Mark, I have a feeling the chassis is just too flexible, should off spent a bit more time tuning and testing.

Mark ... the cars arrived safe and sound today .....So Round 6 is all go .... Will give the cars all a checking over before Qualifying ....

Okay "The carnage count"

There wasn't too much. We have a stray exhaust pipe I cannot identify. I have put that and a wing mirror into a bag, I figure at the end of the event, Dave can take on shot of all stray items not identified and ask entrants to try and name and claim them.

Neil - your Porsche lost it's rear lights/bumper section in qualifying. We left them off until I could do a more workmanlike repair than just a dob of superglue.

So I have run a bead of JB quick around much of the lip and both ends where it connects to the main body. That should hold it better, and is not visible from behind. It won't add any measurable weight to the back, I kept it as thin as practical.

Haystack, your car got t-boned, and as a result your rear wing was taken off, with one side hanging to the main bar by a whisker.

I have also given that a JB Quick bandage on the inside where you can barely see it.

Both repairs should be hard by lunchtime, so I'll get the cars off to Wazza after lunch on Fastways.

Warren - is there anyone home during the day to receive them?

Would you prefer a work address?

O.k thanks Mr Burgess; I've been out of the loop for a bit, and appreciate the repairs. Not too bad a result, considering.

Chris

H.M.C.C