2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Here are the results.

Dave H. from Nelson was having trouble getting an image loaded, so I took and reformatted them to the old standard and colours.

Westie will do the series standings as soon as he is free.

Surprising thing is how close the round result positions were to qualifying ones.

And Drew gets all 3 of his entries into the top 6.....

And you had to have #51 on your bonnet to get on the podium.

Paying homage to Murphy, a very patriotic thing to do :)

- There's my free tuning tip for the week. - Buy cars with #51 on them...

10805828_689124817861802_9049628942249866997_n.jpg?oh=46381108605810b98c544c30f0ce617d&oe=54F69C5D

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks Mark that's great .

Racing is over a few days earlier than scheduled . Thank you to Tony Cook and his team for achieving this .

Results show some very close racing with SlotsNZ taking it out over drw21 by .18 of a lap after 66 laps ....whew !

Third , very close again Drew Vessey 3 .

The drivers , Kerry , Alan , Mark and Clive did a great job thank you guys .

The big mover over qualifying was Chenglaws Corvette and again a mover compared to the overall position after six rounds along with Drew Vessey 3 , well done .

My own car was the only one to suffer a breakdown and apart from that the drivers were very complimentary about the quality of the entrants , well done everyone .

We now look forward to the final round and the anticipation of a Canam series .

Twas an interesting night of racing indeed.

I drove yellow lane, so I will try and answer any queries re; performance of your weapon.

My apologies to Alfahorn, a gentle roll caused lead wire to pop out and cost him about 3 laps but looking at total it probably made no difference.

The track was in great condition and so were the drivers, unfortunately the marshalls were kept busy and I think this was due to each car having its very own identity with regard to grip.

Well done to the top 3 finishers , Great job done by Tony and the Nelson team , sounds like there was some good racing ... You couldn't ask for a better first up Group 5 Proxy , close racing , different results at each track , and no 1 car or cars being dominate ... job well done by everyone .... 1 round to go .. it's exciting ...

Congrats to Mark, Dave & Drew for their podium finishes and a big round of thanks to the guys who helped put on this round of great racing! As for the performance of my Corvette - Wow, totally unexpected! A finish in the top 10 is a far cry from its placing at the bottom end of the table in Round 1. It is just over 2 laps away from the winner of this round compared to about 17 laps in Round 1. And its consistent performance over the 4 lanes would seem to indicate that the proxy drivers were able to adapt to it quite easily and quickly.

The 'Vette's improved performance has continued since Round 4 and this can be attributed in a major part to the repairs carried out by Mike and Chas after Round 3 - many thanks again, guys! Just 1 more race to go before the end of this proxy. For me, the end is coming a little too soon as I would love to see how far the 'Vette's continuing improvement would take it - well I can dream, can't I ?! Well, at least I now know what I have to do for next year.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Thanks guys. Glad everyone had fun too, and Alfahorn and hopefully others are already thinking ahead to the 2015 CanAm proxy

- Whoever drove my car on blue lane - "the cheque is in the mail" :);)

I was surprised to do well here and on Wazza's track, being the high speed tracks with long straights, and my car the lightest in the field. I thought I might have some spectacular "the king has left the building" events.

Congrats to Drew, consistent as - - all 3 entries in the top 6.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks to Tony and the team for running a very efficient Round 7. Sounds like it was a fun night.

Congrads to the top runners- looks like a BMW M1 convention at the top.

Would be interested in some more feedback on my Capri.

Is it simply out gunned in the motor stakes or wrong gearing.

I am using same motor as DRW21's M1 but appears night and day in performance. :unsure:

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Would be interested in some more feedback on my Capri.

Is it simply out gunned in the motor stakes or wrong gearing.

I am using same motor as DRW21's M1 but appears night and day in performance.

Your capri was nice to drive, good in all departments but the M1's were well planted and fast as sh&%!!!

Several cars were under geared for this track and lack of grip was a major concern.

The Lancias short wheel base hurt those cars.

Haystacks M1 was a good allround car.

Gas41t's 935 lacked grip otherwise was a strong contender.

The 2 Celica's were under geared.

Chenglaw's corvette was the biggest talking point of the night. It felt like you could drive it all night doing the same lap times, the kind of formula that you need for a proxy event.

"Chenglaw's corvette was the biggest talking point of the night. It felt like you could drive it all night doing the same lap times, the kind of formula that you need for a proxy event."

Looks like my decision to construct the simple straight-forward layout of my non-podded fibreglass chassis has finally been vindicated. Can't really take credit for the design as it was a take-off from the MTR PCB chassis which I had been using in some of my cars, particularly the 2012 IPS Lotus 30 which gave some decent runs despite some initial setup issues (story of my life). Anyway, I'm finally beginning to get the drift of what needs to be done for my cars. :rolleyes:

Lim

Congrats to pods

Lack of grip "strange"

I just hope it ain't getting over driven

Like in the last round my car desolated twice in a minute 30 in the vid footage seemed like he was trying to race the next car if it didn't deslot it would have put me a few places higher

All good I over the moon how my car has performed

Thanks for a great round hosts,drivers,marshals come on round 7

😛😛😛😛😛

Ps my mclaren is faster than the Porsche

Just quietly 😉

Edited by GAS41T

Hi Guys, here are the current points. Looks like it gonna be down to the wire again - cool!!!!

Race7points_zpsfaadd852.jpg

Thank You to Tony and his team of helpers, Sue, Donald, Mark, (uncle) Clive, Kerry and the other driver I'm not sure of but Thanks Guys and Girls, another well run event.

I'm sure you all had a great time with these Group 5 cars.

Group 5 will be back in 2015 with a few simple rule changes that I am working on but it will similar at least but even better than this time!!!

The next Race is on Drew's short and flowey track in Massey, Auckland in a few weeks.

If you are interested in the CanAm Proxy check out this forum for details, the CanAm grid is filling up quickly.

Edited by drw21

Hmmm, that's an odd thing to have happen to me. I was 11th in Round 5 and ended up 20th Overall. I finished Round 6 in 12th place and improved to 18th in the Overall table. Now I improve to 7th in Round 7 but I drop 2 places to 20th in the Overall Positions!! :wacko: Maybe I would have been better off finishing last in Round 7!

NOTE: Dave, I believe my nett total points after knocking off my lowest score of 48 should be 410. Would you like to check again?

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

Congrats to pods

Lack of grip "strange"

I just hope it ain't getting over driven

Like in the last round my car desolated twice in a minute 30 in the vid footage seemed like he was trying to race the next car if it didn't deslot it would have put me a few places higher

All good I over the moon how my car has performed

Thanks for a great round hosts,drivers,marshals come on round 7

Ps my mclaren is faster than the Porsche

Just quietly

Sorry Gas, lack of grip compared to the M1 cars above yours.

935 was great to drive

b_zps993f4dda.jpeg

Hmmm, my Corvette looks downright skinny lined up against those 3 wide-bodied groupies. Hopefully size is not going to count for everything on the fast flowing track of Drew's Raceway for Round 8.

Edited by chenglaw

Lim