Race 7 Bright Water Raceway Nelson

drw21

• 3 months later...

Don't panic Guys - Tony has the cars and will check them this weekend. He will also let us know when qualifying for Race 7 will be, I believe it will be one night this week and the Race is scheduled for next weekend.

If there are any changes Tony will let us know and if he continues to have trouble logging in onto this forum then I will post any info on what and how Race 7 is going.

Dave.

Sounds like qualifying will be Tuesday night followed by the race on Saturday

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Brightwater looks just as fast as the Christchurch track, maybe with a shorter main straight, so I've got a feeling that there won't be much of a change to the finishing order from that of Round 6. :rolleyes:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

To safely compare lap times for Wazza's track in ChCh (race 6) and Tony's track in Nelson (race 7) the CanAm Proxy cars this year qualified 7.82 in ChCh and 6.74 in Nelson.

But as usual, it ain't over till its over and anything can and sometimes it does on race day.

Tony will be doing qualifying tomorrow night as planned but yet to finalize Race day but it will be done as soon as possible.

We'll keep ya posted - Dave

The qualifying was done tonight as planned. Here are the provisional results for the top 8.

1st NZSlots, 2nd DRW21, 3rd Drew V 2, 4th Drew V 1, 5th Gas41T 935, 6th Drew V 3, 7th SlotMadMac, 8th LordBobCup.

The final results for Qualifying will be posted as soon as possible.

Tony has scheduled Race 7 to go ahead next Tuesday night.

Sheesh, another qualifying win..... can hardly believe it. Wish the beastie would repeat it in the race.

Someone give Drew an award for consistency, 3 entries , 3 in the top 6.....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all , results posted above

Great to view the cars " in the skin " well done to all the builders .

The entrants are listed in the overall ranking before the qualifying so you can see the " movers and shakers "....congratulations Drew V

Qualifying driver Kerry Martin noted power was needed for the two longish straights .

Top two cars under 7 seconds

Next 22 cars 7.066 to 7.916 a 0.85 gap

Last 3 cars over 8 seconds

Should be close racing .

Edited by Alfahorn

Alfahorn,

how do those times compare with your "classics" and NSR GT cars on club nights?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Slots NZ

We had an NSR challenge meeting in August with 28 entrants .

On a stock standard NSR classic car the best time was 7.15 sec with 20 entrants all getting between 7 to 8 sec much on a par without further analysis .

Well done on a great qualifying car .

Edited by Alfahorn

Hi Rosco, Group 5 is a great class for Proxy racing for sure!!! Very close too!!!!

Thank You Alfahorn for getting the info up so quickly, all these people that help with this Proxy Series makes my job a lot easier and gives us all a much better series to sit back and enjoy, Thank You all.

WOW, the 1st 12 cars are separated by 1/2 a second - AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Race night will be exciting. All the best guys - Dave

"Very nice to drive" and the Corvette still qualified only 13th. Seems to me like it is still lacking in something to get it higher up the grid although I'm aware that the difference between my 13th spot and the pole sitter is only 0.51 seconds. I'm not complaining, especially after the troubles I had in the first few rounds. Just trying to figure out what I need to do to get my car further up the grid in future series. :huh:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.