Sign in to follow this  
Big-af

Help With Digital Car

Hi all,

I need a bit of help. (And I'm a beginner) I'm trying to fix a scalextric digital car that stopped working. It's a digital from a set.

I thought it would be a chip so I bought a new retro chip which didn't seem to work. So I turned it into an analogue car to test the motor which seem to be busted. I bought a new motor.

I put in the new motor and chip but when I put it onto the 4 car power base I can feel the electricity going into the car (as if it wants to move but doesn't) and then the power base blinks - which I think means it's shorting out? Or going into some sort of safe mode.

I can pull out the power and reconnect and the power base works fine. I can put another car on and it works fine.

I disconnected all the lights in order to find the initial problem and I haven't yet re connected them. I can't see that this is the problem?

Does it mean the car has a short circuit.? Because of what it's doing to the power base.?

How do I go about figuring it out.? Thanks in advance.

It could be the rear axle has been slightly pushed up. Check to see if it is fully clicked down in positional on the side the drive gear is on.

www.sydneyslotcars.com

Thanks guys. I just took the chip out and it runs fine. I assume it's the chip. As i soldered another chip into a different car and that works perfectly. If I get a chance I will try the chip in a different car I'm guessing it's faulty?

Sounds like a mosfet on the chip has gone...

They can be fixed, but it does require some skill, and a lot of luck to replace the surface mount components.

Whereabouts are you located?

I'm in Melbourne. I don't have the knowledge to replace parts on a chip. I'm not sure I even have the eyesight for it anymore.