South Australian Scaleauto 1/24 Scale Endurance Championships

Guest jazzbell

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jazzbell

really looking forward to this one, will be a great event with a full field of teams.

This will be another great event as we know how to hold the big events here in Adelaide.

To all the interstaters here's a link to the best accommodation for everyone to book your stay for the event. The Mawson lakes hotel is only 2 minutes from the track and has everything you need.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/au/mawson-lakes.en.html?aid=311984;label=mawson-lakes-BVjgwqzsPz6QmBv9lspS3QS36614647873:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t1:neg;ws=&gclid=CLfQ6bzEpr8CFcIIvAodOaUA1Q

Braid has arrived for the new track and next week the track will be routed.

A big effort will be going into our new pride and joy track and a lot of work by the team will be going into more changes at our great complex. Looking forward to showing our venue off in November. Just lucky to be apart of the best commercial raceway in Australia.

regards shane a

team NSR

Guest jazzbell

Update for team NSR driver as Daniel has other commitments for the weekend. Simon W from Queensland will be joining up with us again.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

• 1 month later...
Guest jazzbell

Hi guys,I'll get some picture updates on the new track soon as it's coming along nice. So know home track advantage for this event.

Everyone will like the look of the venue with the changers.

Looking forward for this one.

Regards shame a

Team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Shane, i never drove on the 'old' (it was hardly old) white track. what are the expected differences between the old and new track? similar, tighter, more open?

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Hi all the club had a committee meeting last and started to plan to track build which will commence very shortly.

Our master track builders Bruno and Sheppo were in deep conversation about nail guns, nail sizes, laminated curved sides and timbers. Bill J can't wait for the carpentry to finish so that he can start braiding and putting on the lane colours.

The CNC work on the track is perfect.

Left of photo is Chris O the Thunderbird Owner, next to the right is Robbo, Sheppo, Bruno, Bill J and Chris R.

A lot of work to do and the pile of track segments do not really do justice to the track size. Bill J will start painting the 60 triangular track segments today.

Cheers

Ray

Newtrack_zps21227501.jpg

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

• 2 weeks later...

well I was just minding my own business today getting ready for a race, sitting amongst good company (which is everybody there!!!), when a voice from the left of me, just asked me to join the lucky strike team.

try and imagine what it means to me to be invited to an event like this, by local racers at this venue. then add all the interstate people that will be there that are on here and never met before.

I am still in shock......thanks to so many people involved in our wonderful hobby. it just doesn't get any better than this.

Edited by jphanna

John,

That is good to hear - glad you got 'picked-up' by one of the teams.

I might just let out the bag that the Jokers will be looking to 'sign' a local for the OAPR LMP Enduro at the MCN. So our spies will be watching the local talent at this Scale Auto Enduro very closely ..............LOL

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

John,

That is good to hear - glad you got 'picked-up' by one of the teams.

I might just let out the bag that the Jokers will be looking to 'sign' a local for the OAPR LMP Enduro at the MCN. So our spies will be watching the local talent at this Scale Auto Enduro very closely ..............LOL

Cheers,

Jan

I would be interested

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Taste of what's to come boys. Track all together.Finishing up now with borders ,colour and drivers station.

Direction is right to left driving from the main straight. Looks AWESOME...............You don't have to worry as i'll have plenty of rubber down before everyone else gets their.

Few shots of the track.

newtrack2014008_zps407e4a08.jpg

How's the veiw from up here.

newtrack2014007_zps492b9735.jpg

Where so lucky here in Adelaide and can't wait to see the venue packed for this one.

regards shane a

team NSR

...........You don't have to worry as i'll have plenty of rubber down before everyone else gets their.

regards shane a

team NSR

Shane,

You better get a lot of rubber down.....the Ecurie Elite.au guys will be there and this track is only a grown up version of their home track....so make sure you get lots of practice.....LOL

Well done Chris and all you guys, you definitely are the envy of all of us with your great facility.

See you in November, can't wait.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

You certainly are !! I'm hopin JPHanna pulls a few podiums !!

Greg

Thanks for the good wishes Greg. I really appreciate it. to give you a taste of what I see at the venue, I can roll up with brand new car that has my heart and soul put into it. I start my shakedown session and by chance shane will put his version of same car.......I will struggle to get 8.00 second lap and he will do 7.3 while sipping a cup of tea and getting a hair cut at same time.

so I am just gonna roll up and be with my team, and meet the interstate people and race and just have a bloody good time.

Guest jazzbell

Shane

Team Kiwi will not make the trip, please remove them and allow another team to compete

Cheers

Paul

Sorry to here Paul. Hope to see you at the MCN in 2015 then.

Also guys the decision is made,7 teams and it will still be an 8hr race for each team. So the event will run a by round.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Track looks fantastic Shane,it has a lot of sweeping & flowing corners that blend into one another & that's the way a slot track should be :D :D :D ,some tracks have juts & squiggles & stupid corners in them :angry: thinking they are making a drivers track but just taking the rhythm out & making them too busy & crap to drive on.MCN can't come soon enough,that is going to be a very enjoyable track to drive & will give me an excuse to come over a day or so early to get some much needed track time. Cheers Jimmy :D :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

jimmy,

you hit the nail on the head. this track is DELICIOUS. one of my most favourite things in life is pavalova cake. such as this.....

DSC00043.JPG

this new track is MORE delicious than this, and that is saying something.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jazzbell

Guy's,

Track will be open on the Friday October 31st at 10am for those wanting practice.Raceway closes 10pm that night

Race day November 1st raceway will be open at 10 am .

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Guest jazzbell

So can't we drive on it before the 31st of October? Not even the locals.......LOL

To make things fair ,I'll be the only person aloud to drive the track before the 31st of October....ah ah ah

Regards Shane a

Team nsr

Guest jazzbell

Hand out tyres for the event. This is how it will work everyone.

Everyone will pick there packet of scaleauto wheels,they will be opened and marked. Each team can true tyres to diameter what ever as long as car is at 1.8mm at car check.

People wanting to change wheels due to car coming under the 1.4mm height during the race can.

Note your second set is at the teams cost.They must be opened and marked before the event starts. Anyone not happy with there first set can change them before the race but will not aloud to try them until they qualify.

I can't see it being a problem and I think this is fair for everyone.

Regards Shane a

Team nsr