South Australian Scaleauto 1/24 Scale Endurance Championships

Guest jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

The 3nd South Australian 8hr Endurance Scaleauto 1/24 scale Championships will be held again this year at Thunderbird Raceway.

Date 1st of November 2014,

91 Research Rd,Pooraka, Adelaide.

Event will be held on our 6 lane track.

3 to 4 man team. $50 per person.

Hand out motors,NSR 25,000 King Evo and hand out Scaleauto tyres.

Rules will be as 2014 Scaleauto rules.

Concourse,plus trophies for 1st ,2nd and 3rd teams

Rules will be raced at 2014 Scaleauto rules..............

http://www.auslot.co...ar-regulations/

Race schedule for the event will be..........

1pm will the hand out of the NSR 25k Evo and the Scale auto rear wheels.

Motors and wheels will be marked at the hand out table,then 1 team member from each team will pick the teams

motor and wheels. We will all be starting on the same diameter.Standard out of the pack.

Hand outs will be done under supervision at the build table.1 person from each team can only be at the table.Everyone else the build table is out of bounds.So only 1 person putting the car together.Straight after cars will be scrutineered.

A 10 minute window will be allowed to test the cars.

Drivers breifing. Plus judging of concourse.

2pm sharp will be qualifying for lane position.As soon as qualifying finishes racing will begin.

As usual Chris and Cathy have plenty of food and coffee happening ,also will fire the BBQ up for this one.

See you soon.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jazzbell

Please take note on my first post on me correcting the post and confusing people.

Ill keep everyone informed very shortly if this event will be held on our new track as well. This would be a great practise run for everyone for next years MCN.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

OK guys,

Shane has requested that we start a clean slate.....so all is restored and the event will be run like all the other events before - this event will use the current (at the time) 2014 rules. The handout wheels and tyres will come straight from the Scale Auto packets.

As for the introduction of the Viper, let's hope we can get it included in our rules as soon as possible. Watch the usual updates as they normally unfold. We are waiting for Scale Auto to release the lexan windows and interior set before the Viper can be parity tested properly. If anyone has a Viper please share your general impressions of it, with all of us, under the 'Show us your Scale Auto' thread in the 1/24th Scale discussion section of this forum.

Thanks for your patience.

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Guest jazzbell

Update............

We will have our new 6 lane track up and running for this event.

So any interstaters that are going to commit for this event please let us know because a big effort is going to be put into this track before this event.

Cant wait.......

Footprint is 8.5 metres by 4.5 metres. Lane length is 33362.083mm

Track-2b.jpg

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

Teams for the 2014 8hr Scaleauto Endurance race.

Guys let me know Straight away because only 2 spots left to make the 6 teams. The teams below only have to sort the drivers out which i know they'll have know problems to fill there teams

Team NSR

Shane A SA

Noel B QLD

Simon W Qld

Team Jokers

Jan R QLD

Mark s Qld

Timmy T VIC

Team Funhouse

Sammy SA

Mike SA

Chris SA

Dennis T SA

Sunset Racing

Bill J SA

Robbo SA

Ian SA

Mitch SA

Team Phoenix

Gary J QLD

Greg C VIC

Robert SA

Team Thunderbird

Ray SA

Rhys SA

Mick SA

Ian SA

Team Martini

Sheppo SA

Frank SA

Kevin M SA

John H SA

regards shane a

team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

Teams list has been updated with the guys from team funhouse going with the 4 drivers and another 4man team from thunderbirds who is sunset racing.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Guest jazzbell

Sorry about that Gary. Team Phoenix added to list.

This makes 6 teams entered now . I have not spoken to the other club members who I know will want to be apart of this event so we are going to have to run the by round . Please follow the updates.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Hi Shane as disucssed we will enter Team Thunderbird if there is still a spot left or you are runing more than 6 teams.

Will advise of driver line-up shortly.

Cheers

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Guys,

If I may make a suggestion. The interest level is quite high, so why not make it a 6 hour (1 hour per lane) and limit the maximum entry to 9 teams. That way the enduro will take a maximum of 9 hours in total and all the teams will have some bye rounds to catch a break in between.

Only my 2c.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Hi Shane as discussed last night we will enter Team Thunderbird with the following driver lineup

Rhyse - The Young Gun

Chris R - Papa Smurf

Ray - Ratracer

Trevor P - First Corner Crash (To be confirmed subject to work commitments and availability)

Regards

Ray

Team Thunderbird

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Teams have been updated again. We have 8 teams now and there's room for 1 more team as I'm making the cut off point 9 teams.

Regards shane a

Team NSR