gazza

I have no wish to add to cost but you need to be realistic. The great variety of motors in OZ Rally does not seem to detract and no one motor dominate.

I only supported ali wheels as with my Corolla I had to true them up and accept compromise. Another relatively low cost option where hard to correct wobbles would be Slot- plastic wheels but they could have same trouble as ali axle wise. Just considering the options.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Noted Charlesx about OZ rally that is an open motor formula, I believe the SCX has always been a one motor series, I would think basically for a level playing field and I know by what has been said before a series to keep the costs down, have mentioned the additional costs of alloy wheels , some have mentioned replacing axles contrates that also adds to the costs approx. £25 plus I have just costed it, if people want to go down this road fair enough but as you said there is already the OZ rally for that

I like the idea of 2 classes (far easier to run for hosts) and it worked a treat for other proxies.

Class 1 - Same SCX cars with a new more easily acquired motor

Class 2 - Rally cars with Aluminium wheels and open motor

Then you can let the entrants vote with their feet on what class they want to enter in.

Just a thought

Basically keep it the same as now but allow the more readily available SCX motors. If there is a concern about the difference in motor performance offer separate points for the two motor groups. Personally I'd like to upgrade the wheels gears and axles but I understand that the organisers may prefer the original equipment.

Alan

We already have multiple performances from motors, and the quickest motor does not usually correspond to the fastest times on tight twisty rally tracks.

In this years wrp Penelope pitstops motor is in a class of it's own, but just cause you get to the corners quicker does not mean you get round the corners quicker and corners is where stages are won or lost.

Matt

It is almost impossible to buy any SCX 4wd motors. So opening up the motor rule will only make it harder for some entrants. Ithought d the open slot motor may be an option But even the cars are getting harder to find.

The only cheap option Ican think off is to change to 2wd, use the Slot It adapter and use a spec S can motor like the 16,000 wD MRRC/ SRP motor.This should be easy for most people cost effective.

This would be the cheapest option using the existing cars.

It's a shame that there is no current 4 WD motor available that would suit.

This event is unique in only allowing 4WD SCX cars with very limited modifications.

Oz Rally caters for the people wanting to do more building and modifications.

It is getting hard to source motors , there are cars available from Slots and Trains they have Citroen C4, Citroen DS3, Fiesta listed but I think these are all powered with 91 motor, Pendals have a10113 Fiesta, A10117 Citroen C4 , A10120 Citroen DS3, A10092 Fiesta, A10029 Fiesta, A10158 Citroen DS3, this one due for release about now and as far as I can find out these are all powered by the 91 motor which I assume is the motor they are using now in replacement for the 81 B , I have mounted a 91 in a 81 cradle but have had to make up a bracket as it is smaller in size , think Kalbfellp 's idea is worth considering as I tend to agree with him about motors even the 91 does not seem to be available anywhere on it's own .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Definitely up for another run to these rules...

Just picked up a few SCX's with 81's in them, and some go very well...

At this stage we are looking at running the same again for one last year, with the addition of allowing the guide to be changed to a Ninco or similar setup

We believe that this change will help eliminate the pickup problem that has effected most of the field resulting in bad power connection and loss power and reliability

Again this is not a mandatory field, it will be available as an option.

Same motor and running gear, same wheels shod with MJK supplied control tyres, just a better power pickup and a more stable front end.

Opinions ......

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

That definitely is an interesting option...

Would allow the older non self centering guides a chance too...

Only question, would it be any ninco guide?

If so, the pro sprung guides should easily out perform the standard SCX ones...

Edited by shadow_rusty

Allowing guide change means a disadvantage to anyone who doesn't do it. Also means they are no longer SCX cars.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The other option Embs is to include a new braided guide with the entry car. In my round and I know practice laps at Gazza's we took over half a day to try and rectify the chook legs, worn out braids and stiff guides. I would say over half the field were disadvantaged with this problem. We put new guides and 3 sec lap improvements on my track. Matt T's car had to be fixed twice on my track.

Probably some guides have been used for several years :angry: What are the options??

BTW nothing is set in concrete at this stage so I suggest no one do any mods on their proposed entry car yet!

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I can live with the spare guide idea. There are even soldering options. New braid is no issue either. But a Ninco guide is such an advantage over an SCX one.

I know. I'm likely to be the only one against the idea. But... It goes against the grain for me.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Gazza, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of the RX81 powered WRP cars set a record time on your track last year?

I don't see why people think speed is an issue.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

At this stage we are looking at running the same again for one last year, with the addition of allowing the guide to be changed to a Ninco or similar setup

We believe that this change will help eliminate the pickup problem that has effected most of the field resulting in bad power connection and loss power and reliability

Again this is not a mandatory field, it will be available as an option.

Same motor and running gear, same wheels shod with MJK supplied control tyres, just a better power pickup and a more stable front end.

Opinions ......

I would support that idea; my 2013 Subi suffered badly from just this.

Chris

H.M.C.C