gazza

As the box is caught in transit somewhere in the UK

So while we are waiting now might be a good time to throw open the discussion on next years series

Same or different make, different class, open, closed, likes, dislikes, choices, whatever, nothing is written in concrete so at this stage anything goes

This is only gauge to see if the interest is still there and to see if and where we can improve or streamline the current format

Go for it

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I love the closeness that this formula presents. It is getting less easy to source new fodder, so a change may need to be considered. But I'd still like to see things closely limited. Same motor across all entries is essential to my way of thinking.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

5 pages of discussion, end result = we keep the same formula.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Ninco NC5 wrc cars so pug 307, lancer, Subaru, focus, c4. All pretty similar performance wise and reasonably cheap to pick up. Not the pro or lightning models though.

alternatively any scx wrc as it is currently with any scx motor allowed.

81_zps7655c7d9.png

What about swapping to the B spec motor? Its a little more available.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Seems any SCX 4WD should be allowed as motor is just one consideration.

Like ali wheel idea but mine seems to holding together so far (first time entrant). I used your cotton idea Ember.

If you have to start buying other motors that all adds to cost.

We also need to retain point of difference from OZ rally

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Think the format is great the original idea was to run a series that kept costs down which I think it has and many thanks to those who put so much in to make it happen , as regards cars we all have SCX rally cars and I think the main area of concern is the 81motor, and I notice the alloy wheel thing, as regards the motor I sourced some from the USA last year and that was the last I could find anywhere . There has been mention of the 81B but again the only ones I can find are 9 on e bay at £9 each , not sure about S can and adding brass tubing alexis to make them 4wd more to go wrong and let's face it a lot of people just want to enter a fairly basic car with just a tweak here and there. Have run MSC Thunder 4 4wd motors in a couple of Citroen C4's does fit but you need brackets for it the motor is part msc 5011 at £11-95, and the bracket is msc 5005 £4-75 total £16-70 which is expensive and to be honest makes great track cars but to powerful for rally at 22,000 rpm , and alloy wheels are another added cost I run Slot it SIPA17 all round on mine and the cost of the wheels are £12-78 for 4 which is another added cost , advantage of these is they take the MJK control tyre and the standard rib front one's, but there seem not to be many wheel problems at all with the standard one. Looking at other makes Ninco, MSC, Avant the three I have had a good look :) at costs and availability of models and again motors, would possibly be a problem, and personally I like the 4wd concept we use the SCX car is a good robust model and I cannot see at the moment what would replace it , would it be at all possible to find out from SCX what their plans are in the future and most important spare motors or any motors.

The current SCX range ie Fiesta and Citroen are available just about every where, and new liveries are still being made and considered (Block) but my main concern with them is the motors, very fast, you might even say too fast, big flowing targa tracks won't have to much trouble, but anything that's a bit tight and twisty, and they're a hand full

The current selection has been the main reason it has remained popular, fairly reliable, low maintenance and everything the same across the board, the trouble is availability of cars and spares

But as i said this is just been thrown open to get ideas, thoughts and information on how to improve or please

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi Cazza.

Fair comment but if people decide to use them that is their choice. Unless you consider they would have an unfair advantage overall why not allow.

Another issue I think - Fiesta is currently banned because RX81 will not fit or something. Surely such a popular 1:1 car should be allowed.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

My feeling is leave bodies, axles, gearing as is. As to motor.....I brought a new late model car plus a second hand car for its motor which promptly burnt out in a blaze of glory. I think a compatible available motor should be the only change.

The reasons why this proxy works and is so popular is essentially threefold:

i) Simplicity

ii) Cheapness

iii) Closeness

Lose any one of those things and it risks ruining the series.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Im pretty sure Alum hubs will fit on the standard axle (but I wouldn't put money on it).

I like the idea of having a wider choice of cars and motors as it creates variety and gives the entrant a chance to do something a bit different. A good car will be a good car and a crap car will be a crap car, no matter what the motor/car combination is, its what the builder can do with whats available that makes the difference. As long as it stays one brand it should remain very close and if you can go into a shop and buy a new car off the shelf and use it as is, then it should stay fairly cheap and simple as well. But it would be nice to have the option to play with different motor/car combinations if you so desired. As Gazza said, the newer cars have a lot of grunt which could make things very difficult on tighter tracks, and the older motors are too long for the wheel base of the newer cars (without cutting the shaft).

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Agree about the Fiesta Charlsex but the 91 in it is smaller length wise so the 81 will not fit in the motor pod and the 81 shaft would have to be shortened slightly anyway, you can use the wheels I mentioned earlier as I have them on the standard axles and contrate, but Ben M it does come down to another cost and I think Ember sums it up right :)

"B" spec motors are not so wild,combined with free gearing will return things to driveable.I have to admit that it does not resolve the cost issue.Which i am not so sure though is a real issue given the scarcity of RX81 motors.My reasoning is this,if, in order to get hold of a motor,you need to by a new car ,we are talking about 25-30 euros at least,including postage.From Pendles you can buy:

-a pair of Slot.it axles X GBP 2.15

-Avant Slot gears for 3.50 X2=7

-Avant Slot Rims for 4.25X2=9..........total 18.15X1.15(roughly)=21 euros plus postage.

I didnt include motor cost because i believe all of us have some useable motor in our spares box

My situation:

-My car is not going to last a 3rd proxy ,it needs new motor and rims/axles,which i am not prepared to spend for ,as it is an old battered car(additional reason,it is stuff which might not even last a full season).So i'll have to buy a knew one,and on top of that, not one i like,(because it does not make sense buying a 5th Subaru-no, the others are Carrera,Scaley and Avant) then possibly another car (for the motor),so i'll have to buy a Peugeot or Citroen if i find one.And it is out of the question to use the 2012 Skoda.

-Or i would be prepared to rebuilt the existing car by using parts that last and are reuseable(alu rims,axles,gears etc), which I will probably find in my spares box.Worst case scenario i could even steal some parts from another car.

-Or ,if motors were free I could use the FABBIA :wub: i allready own (i've been begging for it from day 1)

Ben_m,Scx axles are not useable if we decide alu rims,because they are either bigger than 3/32 or have knurled(is it the correct word?) ends

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Ben_m,Scx axles are not useable if we decide alu rims,because they are either bigger than 3/32 or have knurled(is it the correct word?) ends

Sorry Alex. You're incorrect there. I've not had an SCX car with knurled axles.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg