charlesx

Group 5 Proxy Nz

Ok .......so i'm really picky tonight... (been drinkin).... but hey the rims are hidden under the guards....... is this legal?? ... or are there hooker on every corner of the race track...

but seriously love the Capri.. great choice.. Brother had a 73 GT Capri V6.... i was 12 & WOW.... every gear was a punch back into the seat,,, I remember when we lived out Smithfeild back in the days & went "up" Victoria road.... never forget the feelin of being sunk in the seat & only seeing sky........... I know I'm promoting the Porsche... but my hearts with the Capri.

Hi Neil.

But the rims are inside the guards and you are not allowed to cut up the guards. Otherwise surely the rear of the car would have to be very high.

See you on the track. Must look at those Sideways cars. Would be surprised if they look much different.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

DSC00571_zps55bb723c.jpg

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

DSC00572_zps530c24fa.jpg

Looking at Branco's I think it is just the angle of the photos. Car has larger wheels on to fit standard Capri inserts.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Group 5 cars had the rear wheels tucked inside the body to allow the body to get lower.

Your Capri will look cool when done Chas, show us when ya have it painted too.

My contender thanks to Chas and his advice of how to get the photo on here..

DSCF4189-001_zps4dd2a507.jpg

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi Wobble.

Link works fine but here is procedure I use. Had to remind myself recently.

Put photo into photobucket. Click on top right of photo. Select last link (it will auto copy). Left click where you want in AUSLOT then right click and select paste and link should be copied to AUSLOT. When you save photo should appear.

Good luck.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi all, my capri has a 25k slot it motor, hard pod and still the inability to handle well. Hopefully it will be sorted come race day. I am having trouble posting on Auslot at the mo.

?

Ok .......so i'm really picky tonight... (been drinkin).... but hey the rims are hidden under the guards....... is this legal?? ... or are there hooker on every corner of the race track.

Hey all......sorry about the Q... (was a good night Fri.)........ I was refering to the upper part of the rim being covered from veiw by the gaurds...... I was only having a stir... I think i better hush..prolly find my car is the same :ph34r: .................... work on a Party Shuttle Bus at night.. get to log in by phone,, but its useless in posting.....

Been having issues with Cameras & memory sticks lately,,, so I went down to Westfeilds to buy a new camera & stick this morning...... came back with 2 new Breville makers (Jaffer sandwich press) ^_^ ,, Cutlery set :mellow: (thats no better the ones we have <_< ,,but the bloody teaspoons keep disapearing/ kids :angry:),, 2 pair of ear phones :mellow: & a haircut :blink: ....... New Camera is on charge now... so I'll be able to post some Pic's of "Beonce" :wub: this arvo....

By the way I've only just noticed of upset the Photo bucket linkages...... been of for a few days with bad back... & all I could do was troll websites....been real bored :ph34r: . :ph34r:

Hi Neil.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Hey again,, Got some pics of ..." Beyonce"... hope its not too many.... couldn't decide which make the cut..... But in typical style.... still have a few things to complete before postage....

DSC00006_zps4fee8d52.jpg e0792c66-c4ad-49cd-81af-228c46de24ae_zps792c292c.jpg DSC00009_zps5bf90657.jpg

Hi all.

Another progress report on my Group 5 Capri. Chassis nearly finished. Have reinforced around guide hole but still thinking of further metal strengthening as allowed in rules. Do not want it breaking like Neil's.

Body sanded and under coated with bonnet bits and spoiler added. Top coat soon. After reviewing picture of real car will probably add yellow on front spoiler first.

Attach a few photos. Starting to look like a car.

IMG_6577_zpsab519408.jpg

IMG_6578_zps45e59fea.jpg

IMG_6579_zps13707fe1.jpg

Regards Chas Le Breton

looking good .... can't wait to see some colour.... carefull with the gluing of parts..

Ps... thanks for the reminder of the guide Chas .. So far so good .... starting to wonder if I need to brace more..

Hi Neil, Nitro440 and all.

Yes gluing wind screens - my weak point. I am going to try Canopy glue again.

Still in a bit of a quandary over tyres. Currently fitted BRM on air rims but not very happy with them. Slot-it N22 keep splitting so have glued up some NSR Ultra grips. Have some F22 Slot-its ready to try too off another car. Test night tomorrow.

Car will have full colour tomorrow. Yellow already added.

Regard Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

As for the gluing of body parts...... I was offered the canopy glue @ the hobby shop but having no experience with it & seeing the big bottle with large nozzle,, I went to what I know,,, or knew 20 yrs ago.. & that was the Revell brand model glue,, I knew this would not fog the glass..... Buuutttt.... now I'm starting to remember how the cars (model type) would loose parts from simple handling whilst living life on the shelf....... I'm hoping Beyonce stays together over there...

Hate to say it Aquakiwi but from run last night without body at appears a bit of a dog. Still have a fortnight to get right so will keep trying.

Regards

Chas Le Breton