• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Ok guys,

Guess what I just discovered....

How to true NSR TYRES AND WOW IS ALL I GOT TO SAY !!!!

Some people will know what I meen once I put a pic up as one racer has baffled me since his domination of these proxies ...

Now his tyres looked different from the whole field what caught my eye was the edges of his tyres are wet looking so I have the same effect on this set I'm a show you's ....

IMG_8152.jpg

I'm sorry if this offends people but I've run untreated tyres which complies to the rules seems that rule can't be scrutineered so I'm putting it out there there is treated tyres in these proxies which is sad anyways I know how it's done now so I'm going to be entering all my cars with this treatment as others are !!!!

And I just set my mustang up with the motor combo I was to send to NZ WITH 10/35 gearing and look what treated tyres got me ....

IMG_8151.jpg

I use to have to weigh my cars at 90grms but now this car is 74.3grms big difference in tyre wear...

now so the secret ingredients I used was half 3/1 oil and half shellite - final touch is 100% shellite to polish the tyres which leaves them wet to look but super sticky to touch as I said sorry if it offends you but the cat is out the bag .... haha

Before

IMG_8153.jpg

After

IMG_8154.jpg

Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

Well said. Untreated should mean no foreign substances added to tyres except water or sticky tape even during the trueing process.

I really enjoy the whole Proxy thing even though I am a crap car builder, but rules are rules and need to be adhered to.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion