Poppa's Pitstop Slotcars, Hillcrest, Qld. New Track.

Poppas Pitstop slotcars race

22 replies to this topic

#21 Boxcutta

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

Thanx for the great night last night peoples. (27th-may) Learnt a lot. A night there is like attending University.

I only had my FLM chassis, no body, so couldn't race. But I got a few practice laps in, lost a few screws somewhere on the track. Found out how important it is to 'true' the tires .. and mount the pickup correctly. Thanx to Werner and Paul.

The racing was good tho I was only marshalling. A green FLM Oreca was super fast (Jason's I think) and there was a Pagani Zonda that looked a million dollars and went just as fast.

Got some photos but had no flash, so they are a bit grainy, will post some later.

Greg

#22 wwwace

Slot Car Racer

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostBoxcutta, on 28 May 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Thanx for the great night last night peoples. (27th-may) Learnt a lot. A night there is like attending University.

I only had my FLM chassis, no body, so couldn't race. But I got a few practice laps in, lost a few screws somewhere on the track. Found out how important it is to 'true' the tires .. and mount the pickup correctly. Thanx to Werner and Paul.

The racing was good tho I was only marshalling. A green FLM Oreca was super fast (Jason's I think) and there was a Pagani Zonda that looked a million dollars and went just as fast.
Got some photos but had no flash, so they are a bit grainy, will post some later.
Greg

Hi Greg,

Here are some photos of the Zonda you have mentioned :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is also a second Zonda currently racing in this class :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are a nice exotic addition to our very popular 1/24 GT class.........

Cheers
Werner

#23 Boxcutta

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Beautiful Car !!!

I posted some pics of Tuesday nite HERE

Greg

1 user(s) are reading this topic