Jack Brabham - Rip

jphanna

this is an absolute tragedy......just head on radio Jack Brabham has passed away this morning.

This legend, put his own car together, using a disgarded Oldsmobile/Buick v8 alloy block, his own chassis.....he beat the best the world had to offer in F1 racing, when he drove this car to world championship.

Very sad news......

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

What can you say.

As a kid I knew a couple of the people who worked with Jack on the BT19.

This is a very sad day.

Thanks Jack for all the fabulous memories and for being one of the really great Australians.

RIP

Alan Stubbings

Absolute legend,his passing is a big loss to us all who grew up watching from afar the exploits of Brabham and his successes.

another reminder that we are not here forever and a fine man has gone.

RIP

Terry

A great man and an inspiration to many. We'll not see his like again.

Rest well Black Jack.

Your legacy and your dynasty race on.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Yes very sad indeed. Amazing accomplishments in his life, and is someone that will always be respected and never forgotten.

I saw him drive his Repco V8 around Murwillumbah road circuit at Speed on the Tweed some years ago now.

I remember thinking that I'm witnessing something pretty special right now, the fantastic sound and the look of a very proud smile on his face as he drove past me on a beautiful sunny northern NSW lunch time, truly awesome.

When I get down to Melbourne again I will definitely have to go and have a look at it again in the museum down there.

Thankyou Sir.

Sad moment in history. Remember going to watch Jack Brabham at Wigram in both the Cooper Climax and Brabham days.

He will be remembered always as will his team mate Bruce MLaren.

Charles Le Breton

New Zealand (currently in Sydney)

will try and download a pic of him at the 1966 Dutch Grand prix grid. he was sick of everyone telling him he was 'too old to race', so he put on a fake 'old mans beard' and walked to the car using a walking stick. by the way.....he won that race, and championship that year.

th4.jpg

Edited by jphanna

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

is sad news... must admit the man lived the life in the era we could only dream off..... Imagine building a championship winning car in worlds pinnacle of motor sport,,,all from your own garage.... Never ever met the man,,, but heard him tell his tales over the PA systems at E/C... even then he still sounded passionate & happy to share..