Scotland - Round 3

Scuderia_Turini

Hello all, a brief note to keep you up-to-date...

Should get the cars this coming weekend at the UK Slot Car Festival near Warwick. As I am making a weekend of it, the first Scottish stage will be on Sunday 25th May. If weather kind this will be on the outdoors Carrera track. If too cold/wet it will be on the Ninco track indoors. Second stage will be soon after that, following weekend at the latest. In between, I am hoping to run a third stage but not had a commitment on that yet.

Will do shakedown/service runs during the week after I get the cars, but I don't expect problems as the good Welshmen will have done a good job.

Kind regards, Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Hello all,

I have the cars and un-packed them and counted to 39 about five times so far. Not run any yet, only work needed so far is to put back in the rear mounting screw on Matt's car (66) - have applied some Blu-Tack also.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Thanks Leo, probably a result of those pesky Welsh boys fiddling with things that they don't, and were attempting to try to, understand!

Was 'stuck' in one of the conference rooms all w/e at Gaydon, running a scaleauto penetrate 3 hr enduro on Sat, and then partaking in the festivals Wales n West series. Only got an hour or so to look round the whole event, but it was great. Maybe see you there next year.

Matt

Could you check my guide as the feed back said it was playing up

car 27 GAS41T...

Hello Rosko, all looks OK to me - had to repair one of these guides last year so have a bit of previous knowledge. Yours works as well as other Focus', centres nicely and moves freely.

Photo :- http://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10259826_672151072853116_5222435004413531003_n.jpg

Hello Matt, at least you can find your way to Gaydon, Martyn has tried several times and never found the place yet... LOL.

Hello all, Just finishing the shakedown. Will report back later (I'm on a break just now!)

Leo

OK, here we go... shakedown times and comments. If you know my track record in WRP, you will know that my comments don't have much value!

One car would not go so hoping to fix that tonight and do a few laps with it. Stay tuned.

Just noticed that #144 is "LM BM"

Leo

10300152_672586119476278_3587740689125824928_n.jpg

#25 sorted with a bit of wire wrapped around the axle bush to secure it in the broken mount. Got a time of 13.074, so looking good.

#35 motor is banjaxed - its got that synptom of sometimes needs a push start like one winding is not carrying current. Have pulled the brushes out and cleaned the commutator but no change. Am PM-ing Dave to offer to swap the motor out.

Leo

Hello Luv (LOL),

Scotland features the only Ninco track and that is a bit different from most plastic track - you may know this already. Firstly it is quite grippy due to the heavily dimpled surface so a car with good tyres (like the MJKs) can suffer from rolling instead of sliding. Secondly the rails are slight;y proud of the track surface so square-edged tyres can trip up the car when they drift in to the rail. So people who have set their cars up on a flat wooden track might be in for a surprise here. I set my cars up on this - and they tend to be rubbish on all other tracks - grrr!

Leo

Its good that we get differences on other tracks. We all know this is to be expected when in a Proxys. Thanks for the shakedown Leo, was slack with my round , Ember will get up me for that :D . Surprised with some of the cars that went well in previous rounds and now are having small probs. Matt maybe the new Devious in this Proxy. Rosco , will be checking the kilt tonight so hope your packing the Reg Grundies :o:lol: . Noticed that a few cars have'nt got comments , hows my second car going (Gary W's ) :lol: .

Cheers Craig

• Upvote 1

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks Leo. Seems this year is not going to be my year. Time to start hunting for another Evo for next year.

Craig, I had simply assumed you were leading by example. :D

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

OK, here we go - the results for Stage 1 in Scotland, on my Ninco track. As per last year, I did the general admin and marshalling whilst Peter did the time-keeping and marshalling and Crawford had the pleasure of doing the driving (and the weary finger that goes with it LOL).

Hoping to run another (short) stage on Tuesday, then the last one next weekend. Photos to follow tomorrow.

Leo

10371983_674576059277284_5946622966929320869_n.jpg

Well, that's a bit of a surprise after the shake down review. Thanks lads.

Congrats to podiumites, Knealer, Gary W and Mel for the stage.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Photos on here :- http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/PhotosWRP/library/Round%20%203%202014%20WRP?sort=3&page=1 Hope you can see these. I have another bunch and will upload tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

Leo

Whoo hoo.. Top 10 for me...

Congrats to the podiumites so far, and thanks guys for running this round...

Very happy with my placing. Qualifying time was pretty unbelievable. Couple of offs fair indication of comments after qualifying. Car was obviously a handful but appears to be showing quite a bit of promise.

Is qualifying comment an indication car is a bit light???

Looking forward to next round.

Regards

Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Thanks for running the 1st stage, hope things get better for my car on next stages.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion