Wales And West - Round 2

snurfen

1st stage, Big Betsy, me as driver.

This is quite a long Ninco stage with lots of cross overs and many R1s in the mix. It really showed up cars that had slow pick up, as they wouldn't punch on the short straights.

It was built yesterday and is the centrepiece (i.e. the "make or break" stage) for tomorrow's round of Slot Rally GB being hosted at Demon slot in Hereford.

Mike th ephotographer, will be sharing the oictures with me tonight - he can't get the memory card out of his Nikon as the Manfrotto adaptor screw is stuck! He doesn't want to force it so will sort in his studio tongiht.

bigbetsy_zps6e894a35.png

wosautos12.gif

Stage 2 complete - Derek's drift

Tight routed track with mixed gloss paint and sandtex. Slippy and grippy in even measure.

Ben did the driving, with 16 laps being the total.

dereksdrift_zps8ee2b262.png

so here's the leader board after 2 stages.....

afterss2_zpsdbc24601.png

wosautos12.gif

the final stage of the day, Matt's hideaway, had a few surprises but one or two cars really showed their class and jumped up a few slots.

This again was a Ninco track with a lot of twists and crossovers and a spiral, which I havent noticed on a WRP stage before. I was the pilot.

Here are the stage results:

mattshideaway_zpse297c462.png

Overall so far:

afterss3_zpsf1bd4adf.png

So at least one more stage, to be run on Wednesday. will get the photos onto Facebook as soon as they come through from Mike.

wosautos12.gif

Thanks for the run Snurf. Hope it was fun.

Does seem like I've managed to turn out a spectacularly ordinary car this year. It seems there could be more difference between the old SCX and the newer than seemed apparent on the workbench.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I did take copious notes on each car, then fluffed them when I sorted on order for SS2! Will do it again, as there were some interesting problems.

Off the top of my head, Peter Gunn had a loose rear, then the front of the chassis wasn't sitting properly. Thanks to Russ for having a look and getting it running smoothly. The motor seemed a bit tired too and needed some wd40 to get it to run.

Slotcarmann's braids caused it to stutter dreadfully on the warm up, so had a little fiddle and got it running smoother- they are awfully short Dave.

Alexis cars stalled completely at the start of SS3. - would not move. One of the gears had locked mesh - a gentle rocking of the wheels and it popped back to free mesh. Started the stage afresh, as that was such a freaky thing to happen.

Several cars had a lot of weight on board, which caused imbalance on tight bends, so a lot of tipping out of the slot needlessly.

Facebook was playing up, so I can get the results ip there. Will get the pics and vids up in the next few days as they arrive.

wosautos12.gif

I am really enjoying the amount of different stages....keep em coming.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

A little surprised on the comments on Keith's car (Peter Gunn). It got a full service before leaving here including wash and flush on the motor. Motor was ticking over beautifully when I tested it, otherwise I'd have replaced it. Oddly enough, it's my car that I expected motor troubles for as the motor is doing it's third WRP.

Looking forward to photos as always.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Fantastic Aquakiwi. All the best for last round on Wednesday.

Well done to the organiser, drivers, marshals and podiumites.

Certainly some ups and downs for different stages. In my case 6th, 15th and 30th in that order. Should make those driver comments rather interesting.

Regard

Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Thanks Martyn and crew for the stages .Done a top job. Last time I set up cars that are left here in Oz . Gary W 's car does better than mine :huh: . Thanks again .

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I haven't yet mentioned the throttle - long time since I've used a wireless - bloody awesome! I'd only ever used a standard scaley modern throttle in wireless setup before, and let's face it, they are on/off devices with a brake and LC button. The settings on the scorpius were as good as any electronic throttle I use, although sensitivityw as hardly useable due to the RX81s not being the most refined motor on the market.

I made sure the guys at the club had a go, and it will be in use on the full scale Demon 6 laner on Weds this week, so I'll make sure the shop owners have a good play.

I'm still a week away from having fibre connection in the new house, so it may take a few more days for the photobucket to get filled, but I think Mile the Lens has taken some cracking shots (close shave with predictive text there).

Congratulations to Mario on the dramatic weight loss and his win of the Eurovision Song Contest in Coppenhagen last night. (Google it, it'll knock your socks off).

wosautos12.gif

Congratulations to Mario on the dramatic weight loss and his win of the Eurovision Song Contest in Coppenhagen last night. (Google it, it'll knock your socks off).

SPOILER ALERT!! It hasn't been on tele here yet ;) (well its on now)

Very happy with how mine is going so far, still a way to go yet. Keep up the good work guys.

Edited by Ben_M

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Thanks for the run Snurf. Hope it was fun.

Does seem like I've managed to turn out a spectacularly ordinary car this year. It seems there could be more difference between the old SCX and the newer than seemed apparent on the workbench.

So thats a new car this year Embs?

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Yup. It's a new car again. Been a new one each time. Only the motor has carried over. This one is one of the earlier Evo 7s. It's actually bigger than the 8.

Mind you. Last year's was a new at too. Just the same model.

Currently watching Eurovision waiting for GP broadcast. Italy just finished.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Bring on more of stage 3 times I say...

Such variance between the stage positions... Great to see...

Was looking at stage 1 (15h), and went "ok, but could have done better", then at stage 2 (26th), went "what broke?", then came along stage 3 (8th), closely followed by "yippee"...

Still think my car could be a little light, but patiently waiting to see the 'experts' comments...

Hi Martyn, missed you today but I am hoping I am the Matt at the current top ready to topple down the board on Wednesday.

We ran on those track and 4 more in the Hereford round of the slot rally GB today. All very different tracks, with Big Betsy being a tricky one to get a quick time on. In SRGB you can enter 4 classes, came second in Modern 4wd (msc Subaru inline), 3rd in 80s (OSC Peugeot evo 2) and 5th in classic (teamslot alpine 310), 5th modified ( msc Subaru anglewinder).

Matt

It is indeed the Man formerly with the Golden Helmet standing proud at the head of the field! Everyone who drove the cars said yours felt special.

Sorry curef99, in Excel, I managed to sort the cars and left the notes column out of the sort! will do a fresh set of notes at tonight's final special Stage. D'oh.

There's life in the old dog yet PG!

wosautos12.gif

That's Stage 4, the final stage, in the bag last night. sweating bullets, as the temp in the uk actually passed 20 degrees. They'll be passing out in the streets today.

Here are the comments on the car, based on a very twisty routed copper tape section that I ran last night.....

comments_zps2b9bc32e.png

wosautos12.gif