Boxcutta

Oapr Lmp Class (Questions)

Hi Peoples ... hope I am not being to naive asking dumb questions. But the fact is I have been out of slot car racing so long and now wish to get back in. So questions may be a bit naive, or even downright obvious and any fool would know, but not this fool.

First: OAPR LMP class.

In the rules it says the body must be 15 thou imperial. But the nearest in millimetres is 0.5mm

034c8f0fecbd68ae6762efd3b1717baf.png

1 .. This would mean a 0.5mm body was 19.7 thou ... would this still be within '15 thou' or illegal ?

2 .. Does the class allow any body-form from the Le Mans that raced since 2000 ? or only from 2008, but livery may be from 2000 but not body ?

For example this car raced LMP (unsuccessfuly I believe) from 2000-2002 ... would this body be allowed ?

Cadilac_Northstar_LMP_900.jpg

3 .. If the above body is legal would anyone know where it could be purchased in 1/24 ?

4 .. Does anyone have a list of exactly what bodies are allowed ?

I have many more questions but probably enough for now!

Thanx in advance ... Greg

Edited by Boxcutta

Greg,

Please see answers in between your comments:

Hi Peoples ... hope I am not being to naive asking dumb questions. But the fact is I have been out of slot car racing so long and now wish to get back in. So questions may be a bit naive, or even downright obvious and any fool would know, but not this fool.

First: OAPR LMP class.

In the rules it says the body must be 15 thou imperial. But the nearest in millimetres is 0.5mm

034c8f0fecbd68ae6762efd3b1717baf.png

1 .. This would mean a 0.5mm body was 19.7 thou ... would this still be within '15 thou' or illegal ?

Nobody will object to you using thicker material.

2 .. Does the class allow any body-form from the Le Mans that raced since 2000 ? or only from 2008, but livery may be from 2000 but not body ?

For example this car raced LMP (unsuccessfuly I believe) from 2000-2002 ... would this body be allowed ?

Cadilac_Northstar_LMP_900.jpg

No it is not allowed, the rules state:

Any true 1/24 scale representation of a 1/1 LMP (Le Mans Prototype) car that has raced in the American Le Mans Series or the European Le Mans Series from 2008 to 2013.

3 .. If the above body is legal would anyone know where it could be purchased in 1/24 ?

4 .. Does anyone have a list of exactly what bodies are allowed ?

Here is the latest homologated body list:

- from Patto's; the Peugeot 908, Aston Martin AMR and the Audi R18.

- from EE.au( contact me); the Peugeot 908, Lola Aston Martin, Lola BT70, Acura, Audi R10, Audi R15, Audi R18, Porsche RS Spyder and Pescarolo.

If anyone has a body they would like to include, please let me know and we will homologated it if it fits the specifications.

I have many more questions but probably enough for now!

Thanx in advance ... Greg

Please refer to discussions that took place in the 'Special Events' section - the Qld Enduro Champs. That is also were you will find the latest ruleset for this class - see top of page 3.

Thanks for asking, this way we all get on the same page.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Hi guys,

The 2014 OAPR LMP Car Specifications V1.7 - (acknowledging its origin being the 2012 OEPS Guidelines).

OAPR – Open Australian Prototype Racing

1. DESCRIPTION

Any true 1/24 scale representation of a 1/1 LMP (Le Mans Prototype) car that has raced in the American Le Mans Series or the European Le Mans Series from 2008 to 2013.

All liveries must be of scaled down 1:1 appearance, however colour combinations and liveries from other modern (year 2000 to present) race cars may be used.

The Oreca Racing ‘FLM’ Formula Le Mans or Challenge Le Mans car is not classified as LMP1 or LMP2 in either the LMS or ALMS and therefore is not permitted to run in the OAPR LMP.

2. WEIGHTS and MEASUREMENTS

2.01 Minimum total weight: 160.00 grams

2.02 Maximum front spur: 83.00 mm

2.03 Maximum rear spur: 83.00 mm

2.04 Minimum ground clearance at the start of the race: 1.00 mm

2.05 Minimum ground clearance during and after the race: 0.40 mm

2.06 Minimum front rim outer diameter: Ø21.00 mm.

2.07 Minimum front wheel outer diameter: Ø25.20 mm

2.08 Minimum front wheel width 6.00 mm

2.09 Minimum front rim width 6.00 mm

2.10 Minimum width of front tyre contact area 6.00 mm

2.11 Maximum front wheel camber angle: 3.00°

2.12 Minimum rear rim outer diameter: Ø21.00mm.

2.13 Minimum rear wheel diameter: Ø 26.50 mm.

2.14 Maximum rear wheel diameter: Ø 27.50 mm.

2.15 Rear wheel width and contact area always 13.00 mm – minimal rounding of edges are allowed.

2.16 Maximum width of main chassis plate: 78mm

3. MOTOR, GEAR AND PINION

3.01 The race motor must always be a long can 25 000rpm motor (18D length not 13D). Unopened and always with the wrapped label intact. For events in 2014 the NSR 25 King Evo will be the handout motor.

3.02 The pinion and spur gear is fixed at 11:44T M50 pitch respectively.

4. CHASSIS

NB! - The chassis is completely open provided it adheres to the specifications in these regulations. You may use any commercially available chassis, mix parts from various chassis, modify any part of the chassis as you see fit and even build your own chassis.

4.01 Only one part of the chassis that is allowed to enter the track slot, and this part may not have a longer contact area than 27 mm.

4.02 Differentials are not allowed.

4.03 Magnets are only present in the motor, and are not allowed anywhere else on/in the chassis.

4.04 Chassis must have vertical movement, some of which must be sprung for suspension purposes.

4.05 All chassis assembly must be by means of bolts and nuts, no self-threading screws, solder or glue may be used.

4.06 The motor cannot be affixed to the chassis with solder.

4.07 Minimum and maximum wheelbase must always be centred within the front and rear wheel arches of homologated bodies.

5. WHEELS & INSERTS

5.1 FRONT WHEELS

5.11 The front wheels must make contact with the track or techblock over the full 6 mm, or more.

5.12 The use of cambered front wheels does not void in any way the rule regarding the minimum diameter, or the rule regarding the contact surface with the track or the tech block.

5.13 Front wheel diameter for cambered front wheels will be measured at the largest present diameter, which has to be respecting rule 2.07.

5.2 REAR WHEELS

5.21 Rear wheels are always Scale Auto ProComp 3 or Plafit rubber. Tyre dressing of any kind is not allowed during the official practise, qualifying or during the race. The race tyres may only be cleaned using tape or Shellite supplied by the OAPR/race organization.

5.3 SPUR

5.31 None of the wheels may be visible when viewing the assembled car from above. Spur will be measured over the complete rims left and right, including wheel inserts.

5.4 WHEEL INSERTS

5.41 All 4 wheels of the car must be fitted with 3-dimensional ( flat sheet or photo edged not allowed) wheel inserts, resembling the wheels of the real 1:1 car, during the entire race duration

6. BODY & ACCESORIES

6.1Only vacuum formed 15 thou (or thicker) clear bodies are allowed. Provided these bodies have been homologated by the OAPR organisers.

6.2 MATERIAL

6.21 Body must be manufactured and/or assembled from one or more of the following materials: PVC, PET, PETG or Lexan.

6.22 The exterior of the body has to accurately represent the 1/1 car. This is to the discretion of the scrutineers to judge(s). No widened, stretched, flattened or smoothed silhouette style bodies will be allowed.

6.23 The same materials are allowed for the interior, windows etc., rear wing, diffuser and small add-on parts. Lexan is allowed for a rear vertical aero wing e.g. 2011 Peugeot 908, etc. All wing mounts must be the correct shape and can be made from rubber.

6.24 The body must cover all chassis and axle parts, so that no chassis part or axle part is visible when the car is viewed from above. This also includes the guide or any part thereof.

6.3 BODY INTERIOR

6.31 Interior must contain at least the following 3-dimensional items:

Dashboard (optional).

Steering wheel,

Painted driver figure with arms and legs,

Painted head/helmet combination in a hard plastic material.

6.4 BODY EXTERIOR

6.41 Bodies must be equipped with:

Front windshield and side windows if existing on the 1/1 race car

Front splitter if existing on the 1/1 race car

Rear spoiler /wing (may be made from flat sheet)

Rear view mirror(s) (optional)

Wiper (s) (optional)

Rear diffuser (optional)

Light inserts. (Light lenses may not be painted and must be left clear).

7. LIGHTS (only for night races).

7.1 Functioning lights have to be present at least during night racing. These lights have to be installed (even during day racing) on their original 1/1 positions on the car.

7.2 Front lights: minimum two lights in total, one left, one right, yellow or white color, bright beam.

7.3 Rear lights: minimum two lights in total, one left, one right, red color, diffuse light.

7.4 Cars must always be fitted with light inserts even if no actual lights are fitted (compulsory for day races).

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Good. And Thank You !!

Look forward to seeing you there. Takes me a little while to get to Browns Plains from work. And I have to find it, but will be there none the less. I'm a tall skinny prick if you see me wondering around lost .. haHaa

Greg

That will be a nice change from the tall bold pricks and tall ugly pricks we already have wondering around. All the rest are just........well you now......pricks

Edited by paulthetexan