Round 2 Shelmore Park Tasmania

kalbfellp

The cars hit the track for the first time yesterday for some practice laps.

It was an open session so there were several classes on the track at the same time.

OpenPractice_zps84d6e133.jpg

Here is all the field waiting for the timed session to start.

Field_zpsb3e4de02.jpg

Manimal_zpsacfd0595.jpg

Chris's car did a couple of good laps then the motor expired!

TimedpracticeShelmore_zpsd503b22f.jpg

The Brabhams dominated this practice session.

Lennytow_zps798adaaf.jpg

Lennys Cooper needed a tow back after stopping on the circuit, Only out of fuel, Must have a Holden pit crew!

Qualifying will follow in the next few days before the race early next week.

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi Phil et al

I've just got off the phone to Hobart and the service manager from Motors ltd. He said it was actually a blocked fuel filter. Apparently someone had fitted a Motorcraft brand one at the last round for some strange reason.

Go figure!!!

Hopefully Davo's lap time will improve next time out now we've found the problem

The car in question is a Isuzu Bellet GT-R Alan. It's an Owners Club kit.

Cheers Alan

ps: I don't see a lap time for Paul Slots #22 T50.

Edited by lenny broke

Alan,

make sure they have not used Ethanol in the tank. This may account for the blocked filter. Premium only these days.

Good to see the No 22 cooper runing mid field, on its first run.

Good luck fellas,

Paul

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Cold day here today so ideal to get in the shed and run Qualifying

Each car was given ten laps and the best time recorded.

Stubbos,Slo1quick and Spoons cars were more difficult to come to grips with due to the lack of brakes.

With these cars intermingled with the longer can motored cars it does take a few laps to get used to them.

A couple of the slower cars are just great to drive and I think they will do very well in the race.

Qualifying_zps379c202a.jpg

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi Phil

Thanks for the qualifying session, I'm quite pleased to see #4 slip up the order a bit. Here's hoping for a consistent run in the race.

All the best to everyone and I hope the Hobart guys have fun racing our little treasures

Cheers

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

I wonder if your car is one of the slower cars that will do "very well" in the race Terry. I thought it was a great car to drive. I thought the BWAs' had the best brakes of all the cars. There seems to be a lot of cars on the pace so an off is going to be nasty. Pretty exciting seeing a whole bunch in the mix!

Phil there is a crappy low weather band moving up across Victoria tomorrow with 20mm of wet, so most probably you guys in Tassie are gonna be seeing your fair share of it too. Most likely gonna be a wet race do ya think?

Race two was run last night and the results were very close with the 3 best cars on the same lap.

The Grandkids car managed to just finish ahead of slo1quick and Terry.

Drivers for last night were:

Bruce Thomas, John Batich, Callan Thomas and Dave Bantoft.

Drivers2_zps9b17a2ac.jpg

Only car to have aproblem was Ferrari 1950 who lost over a bracket when the pinion came loose on his car.

Having to remove the rear axle etc to get the body off did not help the time taken for the repair, But it did get back on the track for its last bracket.

Race2Results_zps40a10bd2.jpg

Haystack was secretary for the night and has taken notes of the drivers comments and I will type them up and post ASAP.

Edited by kalbfellp

Well that is great, now your really gonna cop from the Grandkids Phil ! Congratulations on the win! Congrats to Terry too !

I didnt really expect t do this well or finish ahead of Stubbo. Thanks to all the drivers, hope you enjoyed the racing, Well done blokes! The top 5 guys look pretty close with Paul and Manimmal not far behind. Its much bettera to see more guys on the pace.

Thanks Phil for the good job on the round and taking care of the repairs.

Looking forward to the feedback.

Thanks for the great run Phil,great result for my #14 car,especially seeing the practice and qualifying times,I thought the BWA would be caught out here,so I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Congratulations to "the grandkids" and to slo1.

To finish ahead of my Scuderia veloce team mate is a good result,Graham will not be pleased!

Thanks to the drivers,nice to see familiar faces on the drivers stations,must be time for some of these to be entering,eh Phil?

Dave is well overdue.

Terry

Well done to the podiumites and another great job Phil.

Was a bit disappointed after my promising qualifying (up to 0.8secs slower in race) but comparing with last year total laps were within 0.1 of a lap. Had hoped the change in gearing might have helped but perhaps I traded better brakes for less speed. Will look forward to comments.

Interested also to see comments on grip. Should I have fitted new tyres?

Winners total laps appeared about the same as last year also.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

PS to above.

Further comparison with last year revealed some big improvements.

Grandkids 5.7 laps

Slo1quick 3.8 laps

Terry 6.0 laps

RiR 4.4 laps

Alexis 10.4 secs

Well done. Note best laps also 0.8 better so that was good improvement too. Would be good to know what changes were made or are they completely new cars.

Chas Le Breton

Charles only RIR and Alexis are last years cars.

The Grandkids were very technical in picking a car this year, they all liked the Yellow one, because it was bright!

Very hard to compare from year to year as drivers were running on different lanes. Bruce probably drove on red last year.