Greg2354

Help Wanted

Hi Guys

Been lurking for a while and took the plunge and joined.

Broke my leg 12 months ago, got bored and decided to clean up an old Scalextric set that had not been used for over 10 years.

Also downloaded and made some Carrera buildings which I will use as templates for my layout.

Cleaned the track and set up an 8x4 table for the grandsons, although I must admit I use it more than them.

Even got my old Lotus 16 to run, but it's tyres were crap.

Happy to report full recovery from the broken leg, but I think I have caught "Slotitis". Is there a cure?

Progressed from about 30 track pieces to about 300, and was lucky to buy 13 cars for $100, 4 already chipped.

Now have 2 8x4 tables in an L shape with about 20 metre lanes.

Stalled at 35 cars due to lack of work/income, so have to make do for time being. Not too many "Shelf Queens"

Unfortunately Santa forgot my Platinum Set, and my birthday wish was also ignored. Perhaps I'll have better luck Fathers Day!

Enjoy the site and much helpful information.

Greg

there are no pills, there is no cure, you have to let it run it's natural course before you are healed

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

It seems Munter is right. To date there is no known cure. Hence the establishment of this support group.

Welcome fellow sufferer.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Seaford Meadows? i just googled it and you are placed bang smack in the middle of SOUTH CITY Raceways, group of tracks. one of your neighbors is about 2 streets away and has a large garage track as well.

if you want to meet a fantastic group of guys to swap ideas, get old bits and pieces for your cars that may be hard to obtain anymore , or just enjoy thier company.

PM me if you interested in meeting the guys. we race monday nights at a venue close to you.....

john hanna

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Thanks guys,

After I posted I checked out some of the guys cars.

Compared to Gref, Davnic,jazzbell and especially Cleveland I only have a very mild case of "Slotitis".

This is one disease I hope my financial manager also gets!

I aim to go digital soon and hope it suits the current layout.

Will post picks when I sort it out

Thanks John will PM when I work it out.

Greg

I think many live in that hope Greg, but it seems only rarely to cross the sexual boundary. Perhaps it is more that the bug is territorial and can only exist in one host in any given household.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I think many live in that hope Greg, but it seems only rarely to cross the sexual boundary. Perhaps it is more that the bug is territorial and can only exist in one host in any given household.

Best description ever...

Yep, I've definately caught the bug too, much to my wifes disgust...

110 cars in approx 15months...

ps. Welcome to the crazy house...

Hey Greg, welcome aboard.

Where did you download the buildings from.

Looking forward to seeing your track, don't forget to post heaps of pics so we can all steal some ideas.

If you haven't figured it out already to post pics have a look at this sticky

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8549-posting-pictures/

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

hmm you got me there, but I should update my cars, lots of arrivals since I last posted about them B)

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

ZeGas, I downloaded the templates from www.carrera4fun.de/ It takes a bit of searching through the menus on the right hand side. Some are quite detailed and fiddly, but there are quite a few to look through. I printed a few on thick card and made them up, but will probably use them as templates and make any new buildings with MDF. Have fun!

gref I look forward (with a little envy) to viewing your new aquisitions.

Greg

I think the symptoms of "slotitis" need to be fully explored..

"Slotitis" is a condition that makes us lose all common sense for important day to day functions - instead we are focusing on finishing a slotcar project, be it form or function. Of concern is the amount of time we sit staring at our latest build.. my wife thinks I'm mad and thinks it would be better therapy just to sit in a dark corner and stare at the wall.

"Slotitis" is many different things to many different people. To some it's the pursuit of the perfect replica of a full size car we have a passion for, or the challenge of scratch building a beautiful chassis out of polished brass and wire. Others just want to leave their mark by putting together a race winning car with driving performance to match, others, just to improve on last weeks mid field result.

Whatever "slotitis" is, it's far more than just winning races.

Edited by axman

you got that right axman I'm still painting bodies and truing comms for a lot of people from the past.

Sill zapping motors too But I must admit the magnifying glass and specs are a definite requirement thes days.

You may not have to be a current racer to hav "slotiis