sunbeammadd

Gtm Maserati 300S

I'm struggling a bit with parts identification for my George Turner Maserati. Anyone got any thoughts on these:

c2b9e5dc-8a96-478c-997f-1b0f85f728f2.jpg

It actually had two items that both seemed to be rear vision mirrors but when I went to prime them one snapped off and blew away into space somewhere.

I'm guessing that because George makes a lot of variations on this car that some of these items are not required for my particular model (the Bonnier/Scarlatti No. 12 car)

Thanks guys

Larger photo here: http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/sunbeammadd/IMG_1824.jpg

Russ

can't help I am afraid - but I also scratch my head when making one of his kits - I have a couple of bits still on the sprue cause I couldn't work out where they went and there wasn't any obvious spots crying out for a small part or two :)

Don't know the kit but the second ? looks like a fuel cap.

Edited by munter

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Yes, it does appear to be a fuel cap. But it's already got two fuel caps. I'd be surprised if there was a third one! Perhaps it's for a different 300S kit and not needed for my particular model.

I think I've figured out where the first mystery item goes. I found a hole in the body and looking at George's photos I think the mystery doodad goes in there.

I think I'll just assume the other fuel cap is excess to requirements. :)

Russ

He did release a few Maseratis and there was the one with the opening bonnet and engine detail so that line of small parts could easily be to cover all the requirements.

If you don't need it then you don't need it.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Keep looking they all fit in. Well most of them. George makes a mold of parts which don't always apply to every model. Some versions have a surface filler cap others fit below the body. Not too bit a deal to work out which is which. Fabulous cars either way.

usemasser2.jpg

P1100726-1.jpg

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.