←  Discussion

Auslot Forums

»

Your Slot Car Workbench - Post A Pic?

jphanna's Photo jphanna 30 Mar 2014

something different for today.....care to show us a pic of your slot car workbench? Some workbenches will be huge, will all the mod cons....and some will be like this, very basic and small. I have always had the very bare essentials for slot cars. too many other things competing for $$$$

i have to retake this pic. i deleted a few photos off photobucket and a heap of posts i did for auslot got delete!! sorry.Posted Image

well it is slight different. Roger suggested buying the plastic compartments so a minor upgrade. compared to the others posted on here.....its clearly very simple workspace.
Edited by jphanna, 06 April 2014 - 05:14 PM.

Ember's Photo Ember 30 Mar 2014

And some will be like a bombsite. :)

Actually, I'm in the process of reorganizing mine so that there are two usable areas, one for tuning and one for heavier work like building and scenery. At the moment the big area is under paints and knives and building construction materials.

Roger Miller's Photo Roger Miller 30 Mar 2014

Posted Image

digby's Photo digby 31 Mar 2014

Bombsite

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

regards digby

jphanna's Photo jphanna 31 Mar 2014

DIGBY,

I said pictures of work bench. you posted pictures of heaven!!!

WOW.....

Ember's Photo Ember 31 Mar 2014

Dig. I'd be quite happy to live in your bombsite. That's nothing but a great space.

Roger Miller's Photo Roger Miller 31 Mar 2014

Howdy,

Every "bomb site" should have at least one of these. Tidy's up o so much stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dunno how Id count pinions without this ......

Posted Image
Edited by Roger Miller, 21 April 2014 - 05:23 PM.

miveson's Photo miveson 31 Mar 2014

I have to ask - where did you get the 2-26 from?

Roger Miller's Photo Roger Miller 31 Mar 2014

View Postmiveson, on 31 March 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

I have to ask - where did you get the 2-26 from?

http://www.tbirdslot...ail.php?id=1329

Pauls Slots's Photo Pauls Slots 31 Mar 2014

The 2-2 you can get from most comercial bearing or bolt suppliers
In Sa we have CBC or Uni Fasteners (consolidated Bearing Co or Universal Fasteners)

If your struggeling I could send some up.

Paul

miveson's Photo miveson 31 Mar 2014

Thanks for the informaton gents - been looking for some for a while.... I'll order some from t-birds on the next order...

Ember's Photo Ember 31 Mar 2014

Got a similar tube setup Roger, but it's chockers. Too many things I need within reach.

slotmadmac's Photo slotmadmac 06 Apr 2014

this is where the magic happens :P

Posted Image

branco's Photo branco 06 Apr 2014

This is where good cars are turned into average cars!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Capri-corn7's Photo Capri-corn7 07 Apr 2014

My little hideaway...

Posted Image

jphanna's Photo jphanna 08 Apr 2014

Thanks Guys for sharing pics of your workbenches. some truly beautiful set ups. only got one word in my mind.....ENVY.

I could easily imagine the rest of the world becoming a distant blur, sitting in a few of those setups.

miveson's Photo miveson 17 Aug 2014

Finally got around to getting a more permanent work bench which is going to make a big difference...... I'd like to say it's where average cars turn in to performance vehicles but that is clearly not the case :)

Posted Image

Ember's Photo Ember 17 Aug 2014

Dang. I need those two power supplies. Which I'd thought to grab a spare when DSE were flogging off the last of them. Got to swap mine from the track to another track :)

miveson's Photo miveson 17 Aug 2014

I only bought 2 as I was fed up with lugging one from one room to the next - one will eventually be used to power a track. Probably overkill for what I'm using it for but one can never have enough power supplies :)

It's expensive stuff this hobby of ours. Need to get some pegboard for the back wall and and hooks.....

jimmi's Photo jimmi 17 Aug 2014

Posted Image
Here's my Work station