Devil Mountain Raceway

supercharged

Lookin' good Pat.

When do you start to lay the braid?

And don't forget to let me know when you finish, so I can help you "test" it out.

I'll race you to the finish, all I need to do on the one I'm building is the braid now.

Cheers

Andrew

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

Looks like a very fun track... Should be great to race on.

As discussed with Steve last night, I have a HDD with updated versions of the software / configs to swap into your PC...

Thanks guys, Andrew, you'll be finished two more before this one in finished, the way you pump them out. :D We're learning as we go, its our first go at a wooden track. Was going to start braid tomorrow, but Steve suggested to do ferrodor first, so I don't risk getting it on braid then having to wipe off leaving a stain. So I am going to start to paint the ferrodor tomorrow.

track6002.jpg

Hopefully got the heights right.

track6020.jpg

Should be interesting.

Thanks Micheal for the pc.sounds great with the updates. Will let you, Tony and the guys know when it is up and running.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a couple of L.E.D.s from Jaycar and an old mobile phone charger to power them and made the bridge out of 3mm MDF.

Just let the guys at Jaycar know what voltage output the phone charger is, so you can get the right resistors for the L.E.D.s.

I've just come home from spending a coupe of hours doing laps on this track.

It's fast and very free flowing, slot.it's are doing 7.2 seconds a lap, but will get a lot faster once the track rubber's up, not bad for a 30m lane.

The squeezes are not as bad as they look, but do add to the fun quite a bit.

I still have to go back tomorrow and finish off the timing setup, or is that just an excuse to do some more laps?

The timing system is all up and running now, the surface is rubbering up nicely, slot.it's are now down to low 6.5s

All we need to do now is have a few guys over for some race practice to give it a workout.

• 1 month later...

Yeh, a bit slack hey! You know what they say about when a track is up and running, the rest gets put on hold. :D

landscaping002.jpg

Just add artificial grass and a bit of 3mm mdf.

landscaping014.jpg

A wall mounted screen will be next, hopefully about 40".

landscaping024.jpg

A bit more bridge work to be done.

landscaping027.jpg

Chopper cam.

contactonwalls010.jpg

Some contact (I think thats what they call it) on the mdf for a test run. Looks better than plain mdf?

I think it looks like concrete, what do you reckon? Still a fair bit more to do with the pits etc.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Andrew, I was thinking of running two monitors, a small one in front of drivers and a bigger one up in the corner.Is that possible running two screens off the one computer or do I need an adapter of some sort? Yeh Paul, you'll have to come over for a blast, for sure.

Thanks Neil, the squeezes are great fun, gets people out of their comfort zone and keeps them on their toes. :lol: Andrew we downsize to a 32", thought the 40" was too big. Mounted it on the wall with one of those swivel tilt brackets, and got a 10m lead from Jaycar and she's up and running. But would like to put another screen in front of drivers though. Cheers.

• 4 years later...