Sign in to follow this  
oswald900

Cut Off Switch

What im wanting to do is put a switch in so the track has no power but what im wondering is do i do it withthe positive wire or negative wire coming out the power supply

Im thinking the positive wire but just want to make sure

Cheers

It doesn't really matter if all you are doing is killing power, but if you have some particular reason for killing power, it may be better to handle it through your timing software, rather than by a manual switch.

It is useful to have the timing software able to turn power on and off, and that also enables a "track-call" button to be used which effectively "freezes time" - ie, stops the clock during a heat while power is off.

Ive already got all the hardware to use a cut off through the software but ran in DOS but now have a new HDD and no way to get DOS happening

The software i have now(think its Virtual Race) wont run the hardware eg count laps counts extra laps

What software would you recomend to use the hardware

I used a double pole relay in the wire that goes from the hand control to the track. When the track turns off the relay switches the track to negative thereby applying full brakes.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Not sure about my hardware as it plugs into the computer ,track timing box and power supply i didnt build it so not sure

I know its got a relay was when i used to use it there is a relay as i hear a click as well

There is red green lights for start of race and a stop start button

Id prefer to use this hard ware than do a switch but dont know what software it will run in no in DOS

I used a double pole relay in the wire that goes from the hand control to the track. When the track turns off the relay switches the track to negative thereby applying full brakes.

Any chance of the wiring diagram for that setup please?

I'd try race coordinator...

It's got a great setup screen to test the various sensors / relays...

If you are running some kind of electronic hardware, surely it was designed to work with a particular software package, and that's all it will probably work with.

You may be better just buying a Trackmate system and starting over.

You can almost certainly use your existing time cable/sensors with that, so you'd just need the board and cable to connect to PC.

The Trackmate software comes free with the hardware, and Race Coordinator also works with Trackmate, so you have that as an alternate software package if you want to do any really fancy stuff.

Tried to install race coordinator but needs .net framework can not find it in 32 bit for XP

Got Laptimer 2000 going in all lanes but not at once

Can get 2 lanes going at once but not the 3rd lane

Any tips would be great

The link isnt for the 32 bit though Phil when i went to it

If you can see it there a link to it would be very helpful

Cheers

The link for .net 4 on the race Coordinator site is actually for the 32 and 64 bit version...

.Net 4 offline installer link - http://www.racecoordinator.net/topdl/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

However, .net 4 does require Windows XP SP3 and Windows installer V3.

SP3 Offline Installer Link - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4

Windows Installer V3(V4.5 for non XP) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120486

I also had to install Windows Installer V2 and KB898461 to allow V3 to install and then .net4

Windows Installer V2 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en

KB898461 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=655

Or you could get Shadow (michael) to send you a USB with all the relevent files on it already, worked for me ;)

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

Or you could get Shadow (michael) to send you a USB with all the relevent files on it already, worked for me ;)

Hmmm, that reminds me... When can I get it back... lol...

Thanks for all the tips rusty I'll try that

No worries mate... Hope you get it all sorted...