Gran Turismo 6 - Open Lobby

Yngwie

Hey! A 13b! We all have inline six's. That's against the rules now isn't it? ;-)

Well, we'll hear you coming before we see you...

Another great looking machine, the grid on the 27th is going to look awesome!

You guys do realise im a greenkeeper by trade, my job is to keep the green stuff in check..... :-P

G'day mate, yep, a friend of mine had the same issue when he got his first copy of GT6.

It turns out the early model ps3 hasn't got the 'oomph' for the more modern GT6 game engine resolution.

Is yours an older "fat" model ps3?

If so it could be your answer.......

Welcome to join in Schumi, practice Wednesday nights from ~730pm. Sunday night is race night, from ~730pm. Qualifying starts at 8pm for 15minutes.

This week we start a new season using the BMW M3 GT2, can be bought for $350k and personalised. We like to try and keep the racing reasonably fair and clean

See you online, the track listing and general rules are on the previous page.

Cheers

Caddo

Hey fellas,

sorry about Wednesday night, I was showing therodster my track pick for season 2 and I didn't put any thought into actual room setup, was just doing a few laps and checking out each others cars then was going to enter proper practice room. It all went a bit pear shaped in the end.

I do apologise...

I tell you what meggs, you got your red machine sorted! Quick times were coming thick n fast!

Caddo if meggs choice is deep forest (forward) I'll pick it in (reverse). It had a great flow to it I thought.

And if cortina5Lt is racing this season he can actually drive his M3 in reverse too thanx ;-)

And if cortina5Lt is racing this season he can actually drive his M3 in reverse too thanx ;-)

LOL! I did come 2nd in the last two races, and beaten by a good margin in the first race at that british thing they try to call a racetrack.

I haven't had a chance to drive my new bright yellow #11 BMW yet. Will need to get a few practice laps in to get a setup.

http://www.gtplanet....entries.311921/

anybody keen to join in as afew have dropped out its with the lotus f1 and round 3 is this monday at suzuka had a look last night and no room and went to bed early got man flu would of been snot every where all over my wheel and pedals check link out read rules and join if keen cheers phli.b

Edited by Phil.b

Only one thing to say the car is way under power PP needs to be set to 600PP that way you will have

4 set ups in the power range high range, mid range, low range, and standed range this will suite all tracks that you race on and the power range can be set up differant by each driver as some may like high range were others may like low or mid range turbos and some may not run turbo all to there own in set up

Cheers

Tony

Edited by slotrunner

Only one thing to say the car is way under power PP needs to be set to 600PP that way you will have

4 set ups in the power range high range, mid range, low range, and standed range this will suite all tracks that you race on and the power range can be differant set ups by drivers as some may like high range were others may like low or mid range all to there own in set up

Cheers

Tony

I agree with Tonys quote above, this car is a race car & as such should have all the available upgrades included. Last night when we practiced using the car in std trim you were absolutely ringing its neck to get speed out of it. Yet when having all turbos available you can tune to suit circuits & driving style etc.

If you set the pp to 600 (maximum) & drop out the HP element, you can use any of the three stage turbos available, with flexibility on turbo usage. A High range turbo could not be run at 100% but using a Mid range or Low range could achieve similar HP but at a different rev range. (thus opportunity to tune better to circuits)

In relation to the direction to run the Deep Forrest event............either way is ok but reverse direction is preferred.

My two $$$ worth.

Meggs

Gday gents

As long as the majority of regulars agree, I'm in.

So proposed change is to set the BMW to 600PP without a HP limit.

Any concerns or objections? Going once, going twice............

And Deep Forest will be run in reverse at this week 's round,

Cheers

Caddo

Try going into your PS3 settings and setting your maximum screen output to 720p instead of 1080p, and it may just work for you...

A few people I knew had to do that to stop BF3 crashing on their older machines.

Getting complicated now, remembering some of us aren't up to speed with setup options and navigation of using and setting them.

But, thats what Gran Turismo is....

Im sure once we delve into the season more people will understand it.

I think there maybe a risk of keen motorsport lovers, and not avid gamers dropping out in the risk, again, of becoming shall I say... Fodder?...

The passion is there all day Sunday, but is completely dishearteningly destroyed come log off time.

We have people who spent alot of money getting themselves set up to enjoy the heat off track battle with like minded people...us, who, lets face it, have way more experience using, modifying and learning this game than they do.

But, with all that said, for me.... and remember, im in no way a front runner here.....I love this game! And think we should ring its neck for all its worth!

And also think that I tend to use commas (,) way too excessively!

Oh yeah, if we're doing deep forest reverse this sunday, I shall pick grand valley (the big one!) for my track pick then ;-)

See you all Sunday!

You're gonna have to give up work and focus on GT6 fulltime Madaz, it's time to get serious - haha

I guess the challenge for us as a group is finding a format that keeps racing even, and everyone interested. Some like more power, some prefer a completely even car platform.

We used the host car format for Season 1, and a couple of guys stood up [read Cortina + Scumlash], showed their driving skill is a cut above when cars can't be tuned.

Season 2 will be good to introduce some tuneability but keeping the same BMW M3 base platform, to see if we can even up the competition a little, with guys able to tune to suit driving style etc.

Gotta go, Deep Forest in reverse f's with my head, plenty of practice needed!!

Cheers

Caddo