Gran Turismo 6 - Open Lobby

Yngwie

Hi all. I have been playing GT 6 for a while now and I am sure there are many others out here on these forums that do. I have been reading and researching the Open Lobby feature. Using this we can setup our very own Auslot group and have regular races of a predetermined format at a time of that suits us. ( a mate belongs to a work one that races a regular 1 hour race on Sunday night at 9:00pm)

Anyway, just thought I would see if there was enough interest in getting this off the ground and having a regular type of race meet online. We can discuss tracks, cars, settings etc later but for now would just like to see who might be interested.

NOTE: You will need to be connected to the net and have a PSN account (free).

Regards

John

• Upvote 1

I would be keen, my daughter has ps3 which I can borrow. I would need the organiser to take into account the time diff to NZ as I start work at 5.30am each day. cheers.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Have just got GT6, will lock myself in spare room, be out when I get da hang of it!!!!

ok i'm out. verdict; highly addictive, very frustrating, long way to go!!!

Guys interested, will open a new room at 7:30pm tonight for a race at 8:00 pm tonight. To participate, you need a Playstation Network account. Login, then Load GT6. Go to Open Lobby and search the room Auslot GT6. We will be running a 10 lap race on Mt Panorama. Control car is the Subaru BRZ with all driving aids ON and racing tyres will be Soft Sports for front and rears (need to set this yourself - rest is automatic) My username is Wggffssddd or something as my young bloke set it up and I cant change it! Anyway, hope to see some of you on a bit later.

Lets see how we go for a first up.

Cheers

John

can we tune the car up or must be stock as purchased except for tyre upgrade?

Ok guys. Had a slight hiccup last Sunday and not enough notice for people to participate. So, lets try and run a race this Sunday at 8:00pm AEST. Room will be open from 7:30PM AEST. Will be a fairly easy setup to race to begin with to try and encourage as many people as possible. You can start practicing over the week before the race so you can a few miles in the car we will race.

You will need to setup a PSN account before you start. (Try and use your Auslot forum name so we can identify you!). Also, obviously you will need an internet connection.

Track : Mt Panorama

Car: Subaru BRZ

The car will be run stock standard with the addition of Sports Soft Tyres for front and rear.

All driving aids will be ON (ie racing line, ABS etc)

Race will be a 15 lap Reverse Grid format!

CAR SETTINGS CANNOT BE CHANGED WITHIN THE RACE.

Thats it! The race only accepts 16 racers so let me know on this forum if you are interested so I have an idea who will join in.

Any questions please ask here so we can help!

i'm in

Gaz, $180 for a console, $50 for the game and your in business!

Just a note, to use the Open Lobby feature in GT 6, you must have achieved as a minimum National A License. Fairly easy to get. So get out and get practicing for the race on Sunday! Perfect way to end a day where the F1 GP is on!

are we still on for tonite?

REMINDER : Tonight after the GP, we will have the first round of Sim Racing here on Auslot. Need a Playstation and Gran Turismo 6 to join in, so if interested ALL welcome.

When you start GT6, go to the main screen and click OPEN LOBBY ( This will not be enabled unless you have achieved National A License!)

i1Q5C4evLCSi3RH.jpg

Once in the Lobby, the following screen will appear

i1FdFq9ULEVnxO.jpg

The best way to find us quickly is to CLICK on Track in the left hand column and select Mt Panorama - Bathurst. Only the listings of Open tracks with Mt Panorama as the track will be listed. You will then see a listing called Auslot GT6. Click this link and join.

A screen similar to the one below will appear.

i1LkLWXV66xGZ.jpg

Click on Number 13 in the diagram below to join the Race. We will be running Free practice at 7:15 onwards with Qualifying and then a 15 lap race of Mt Panorama. Car selected is the Subaru BRZ with all driving aids ON but a change of tyre for this event with Racing Softs on the car.

Once again, ALL welcome to join (Limited to 16)

My PSN name is ManBoyPig2211 (kids set it for me!)

Get your racing gear on!

PS. Those interested, please PM me and I will give you my mobile number in case you are stuck with regards to joining or whatever.

CHeers

John