Round 8 Bat Florio

kalbfellp

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoo Hoo... Can't wait...

Please go well, please go well, please go well.

lol.

Not sure if the Celica is still running after another DNF aquakiwi, think they tried to repair it's gear problems not to sure, good luck to everyone and enjoy yourself's and thanks for all the effort, and rusty don't panic mate your car looks like it's ok so far. :)

The service crews have been very busy.

Peters Celica has had a new crown shell fitted to the diff and the motor glued in so should have no more diff failures.

Johns Fiat received a new pinion in the diff, much quieter now.

HLS 's Corolla had the front axle bearing refitted, that got the wheel away from the front gaurd!

Embers car had the rear wheels glued on to the axle so the rear would turn much easier now.

Cars all had a run on Shelmore before a road stage over to Bat Florio.

I could not get the screws to hold well,not sue why so just added a small drop on each to ensure they hold, the Allen screws holes appear to be worn a bit.

More screws will be here later this week so will replace them before the final round, just to be sure.

I usually put a flat on the axles to allow the grub screws a bit more area to grip to.

Edited by kalbfellp

Oh. Thought I had done that. But I know the Sloting Plus screws can be a bit iffy.

Thanks Phil.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Back on track thanks to computer loan from Phil.

Completed practise for modern class a short time ago.......

Results as follows:

Haystack 13.818 very light but very fast wide long and plenty of ground clearance

FreddienVanger 14.167 took a while to get up to speed. Drop guide effective

Gazza 14.247 very agile no wheelspin handles bumps well

Otfs 14.738 very forgiving

CharlesX 15.086 if only for grip!

Lenny Broke 15.138 noisy lacking a little grip tyres small? Takes punishment!

Fuzzy 15.48 very fast on open sections. Loses time on tight bits due to lack of grip

Jimmi 15.56 handles wiggles well . Not most powerful but very driveable

AlexisinGreece 15.587 a little low but should get faster

hgpanel 15.611 least powerful but good handling. Tyres not very grippy more to come

AMCC 15.625 lively noisy

curef99 15.662 fast a little light? Easy to drive

slo1quick 15.942 tyres worn down and slippery

His Lordship 16.188 light, front wheels too much contact? Occassional de-slots

Peter Gunn no time guide too shallow. Have added weight to front of car and will run minus wheels or find some small diameter ones for this round. Still de-slots but will be manageable.

I will run heat one tomorrow.

Happy trails.....

Hi Boss302.

Bit mystified by comment about my car. Does it have lots of grip but motor getting tired or is grip poor.

Good to get this round under way. Looking forward to further progress. Hopefully my car will hold together.

Look forward also to photos.

Regards

Chas Le Breton (Charlesx)

Hi Charles - track and car have gripped up quite well. Yours is now one of the faster cars.

Ran heat 1 this morning for Modern Class. Majority of cars were quite good to drive. Stu - yours is way too low - perhaps the tyres have worn out and it is struggling with the undulations in my track. Peter - I will have another look at your car tonight - I just can't put together a lap - it deslots three times a lap. Quite mysterious as it is the same guide length as Stack's Puegeot which simply flies.

Had one off with Freddie's car which would have made things very close - didn't lose a great deal of time but it got faster through the bracket. I had to learn to trust it a bit more.

I will get the classic cars underway over the weekend.

I am going to make the second heat 20 laps rather than 22. Classics will be 2 x 20 laps.

Happy trails

(Hope this pastes OK)

Don't despair Peter! I have just put on some Scalex Trans Am tyres on the rear to give it more ground clearance and installed some spacers to enable the body to clear. It is now quite manageable and just did a 15.4 lap. I will run it that way in heat 2. Long wheelbase cars are not great on my track........ especially with low profile tyres. Something to bear in mind for the future. I really like the paint job on your car!

Link Wray did a song called Big Boss Man and it's dedicated to you boss 302 for reviving the Celica , i put MJK 4219 on the rear as far as i can remember , never thought of scaley trans am's i must admit, definitely a learning curve with that car, that colour dates from 1964 used it on my first slot racer a Airfix Lotus 24 with a Kay's mk 1 in the back , thanks for taking the time and the effort it is very appreciated.

Gazza keeps telling people to provide plenty of clearance for his track and Bat Florio also needs plenty!

These ARE rally tracks not smooth road courses.

Peter I think I still, a couple of Kay's here, could always put one in the Celica? I am sure it would be easy to drive!