Round 8 Bat Florio

kalbfellp

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did the qualifying for the historic class. Times below.......

FPV GTP 13.462 Excellent to drive. Think it has more left - so smooth.

Tom and Cam 14.06 Very fast and typical MSC very smooth

Otfs 14.072 Doesn’t feel like it has much power but it is very well suited. Can push it to the limit with confidence

P Kalbfell 14.2 Very smooth and easy to drive. Lacking a little grip

Billx 14.316 Very nice car to drive. Surprised at time but just right length and width

Shadow_rusty 14.47 Very nice to drive. Scalex RS200's are well suited - and they don’t look pregnant lke the MSC version!

Peter Gunn 14.516 Much nicer than the Celica Peter! Just missing a little grip but very smooth.

Ben_M 14.77 Body mounting stiff probably costing time

Miveson 14.952 Love Fly Lancias! Think it will be quicker if track grips up a little more.

Yngwie 14.97 Problems in ealry laps with guide. Lead wires would be a better set up for rally tracks

Lenny Broke 14.98 Typical Ninco smooth. A little narrow in track but quite nice to drive

branco 15.111 Not quite consistent enough - occassional unexpected de-slots

Ember 15.135 Fairly good but team slot guide mount is not good - some de-slots

BRK12345 16.61 Too short in wheelbase but looks very authemtic. Perhaps too much motor?

Alexis in Greece 16.611 Possibly a bit too light. Good on fast section but loses time on slow bits with wheelspin.

aquakiwi 17.37 Very hard to put together a lap. Jumps constantly

NTZ No Time Looks like it has been built for normal circuit. Tyres way too small - no clearance. Multiple de-slots. Will see if I can fit some more suitable wheels for this round

Will probably run heat 1 on Monday.......

Edited by boss302

Hi Shadow-Rusty. See I got my nose in front again but can I maintain????

Best of luck to all for Round.

Pretty happy with WRC first round too but big gap between 3rd and my 4th.

Looks like for once WRC cars also faster than Historic.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Thanks for the warm up. Hopefully the Quattro can hang together for a Bat run. I must remember to throw out all the Team Slot guides. I swear it came out of an unopened Ninco packet.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks for the warm up. Hopefully the Quattro can hang together for a Bat run. I must remember to throw out all the Team Slot guides. I swear it came out of an unopened Ninco packet.

AAhhhhhhhhhhh, Team Slot guides, that explains it all. Thanks for warm up and feedback.

Thanks for the run.Light?.Could be the tires (which i dont remember what they are) either do not like the track or are shot.Or maybe the Ninco long guide.

Re Team Slot guides,i wonder why these people do not do what the Japanese did in the sixties,just copy a good product.Its such a shame ,nice cars,useless guides and guide posts.

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Thanks heaps Boss for the shakedown / qualifying...

Nice to see you up there Charles, and congrats to the fast guys...

Here's hoping that "Race Pace" favours my car over OTFS (No offence mate)...

That said, 0.4 of a second is a lot to make up...

ps. Still can't believe my Scaley is sitting in 4th overall...

I think wider and taller tyres would have made it slightly better...

NTZ..... Just found that the drop arm guide was stuck on your car. Have freed it up and now the car is driveable although the tyres are really way too small. I will run it as is to avoid you incurring a penalty. It still bottoms out over some of the undulations in the track and loses time. I would recommend at least another .75 - 1mm clearance for a long wheelbase car like yours, The tyres have very little grip also.

Round 1 historics tomorrow - results tomorrow night.

NTZ..... Just found that the drop arm guide was stuck on your car. Have freed it up and now the car is driveable although the tyres are really way too small. I will run it as is to avoid you incurring a penalty. It still bottoms out over some of the undulations in the track and loses time. I would recommend at least another .75 - 1mm clearance for a long wheelbase car like yours, The tyres have very little grip also.

Round 1 historics tomorrow - results tomorrow night.

Thank's a lot for the repair. I knew from the start that my tyres are unsuitable. I should have listen to Alexis about that but I sticked to my decision, mainly bcs the car in our club runs really well. As we say, we learn from our mistakes :) :) :)

OK.... round 1 completed. Couple of observations.... I would recommend replacing SCX guides with more conventional types. Had trouble with Yngwie's but solved by bending thye pickups. Ember, your Audi is popping the rear bearings - I will glue in for second run - had to nurse it a lot. Fronts also playing up. aquakiwi - boy, what a challenge. There is something fundamentally wrong with your car - will try to have a look prior to heat two. Really enjoyed otfs Porsche - witha few more herbs it would dominate. NTZ - managed to coax the Opel around - would be a very good car with a good set of life size tyres. More comments with heat 2....

ozrallyheat1.jpg

Really enjoyed otfs Porsche - witha few more herbs it would dominate.

Yes an NC-2 or MT-5 would have been heaps better but I didn't have time to put one in.

Besides I didn't want to have a car that was better than FPV's. When he cries it is not pretty and lasts for weeks :) :)

Thanks for running the round Boss. The track looks very interesting

Flipper

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Oh dear. Thanks for all of the trying with the Quattro.

Someone else is having a dig at me for constantly leaving things until the last. I think he could well be right in that it has been my undoing on this occasion. I might start looking for a Group B beastie and get to work for next year. This year is most definitely a lost cause.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Really enjoyed otfs Porsche - witha few more herbs it would dominate.

Yes an NC-2 or MT-5 would have been heaps better but I didn't have time to put one in.

Besides I didn't want to have a car that was better than FPV's. When he cries it is not pretty and lasts for weeks :) :)

Thanks for running the round Boss. The track looks very interesting

Flipper

It's still enough to stay 7.5seconds ahead of me...

Thanks Boss for running this round...

Any changes for the second round?

Thanks Bruce. Its good to see all the comments and feedback!

Be good to see a Boss mobile entry next year...?

mmmm..... Now that all secrets have been revealed I just might be tempted......

Take a good look at my car and just do the opposite to everything I've done to it, it's a prime eg. of what not to do!

Sorry about the delay but Heat 2 of the Modern Class has just been run. There were some seriously fast times by the front runners........ Track is at its best at the moment. Will try to run Classic Heat 2 over the next day. Will also put some pictures up shortly. Phil - will be in touch regarding collation of results. I decided to run this heat over 20 laps to try and speed things up a little. Same will apply to classics.

OzRallyModernHeat2.jpg

Sorry Stu but yours was horrible on one corner in particular - deslotted every lap. My track doesn't suit low riders,

boss - Can I simply add Heat 1 score to Heat 2 score to determine round winner for Modern?

And can you let me know if any changes were made to any cars that would incur a penalty as per rule 8c

If a car requires a tyre or (“racing”) braid change a 25 point penalty will be incurred.

Edited by miveson

boss - Can I simply add Heat 1 score to Heat 2 score to determine round winner for Modern?

And can you let me know if any changes were made to any cars that would incur a penalty as per rule 8c

If a car requires a tyre or (“racing”) braid change a 25 point penalty will be incurred.

Peter Gunn's Celica ran with Scalex tyres - that is the only car that I changed in this class......