wwwace

2014 Australian Plafit Championship

Looking forward to next weeks APC at North Lakes Qld,with 9 X-Treme Trax racers attending will almost feel like a home event & I'm sure we will come home with some funny stories as we always do at these away trips.New track looks good ,but might be a bit easier to learn than the previous tracks but I'm sure it will be a good challenge with a classy field attending.Here's a pic of Jimmyslots race team. 013_zpsb2c6e71b.jpg

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Guest jazzbell

"sunny one day, beaten the next" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Confident.......

Good luck you NSWelshmen. Cam ,Chris and others.Dark horse Jason Brooks.

Would have loved to be going, but 4 trips away already this year for slots the wife has said Know way.

Regards Shane a

Team NSR

Not much confidence here Jazzbell , I haven't raced in a few of months. I'll leave it to the hard chargers this year, my 15 minutes of fame is long gone. I think a few new faces on the podium at this one will be good. Understand what you are saying about trips away though, It's a hard life when we can pick and choose which events to turn up to. There is plenty going on.

Just kidding around Chris ,however I will try to dig out a couple of bright shirts for your enjoyment. Look forward to catching up with you in a couple of days.

Cheers Paul

Edited by paulthetexan

How better to spend three days in an air conditioned ford show room. Still can't believe the good people of torque ford have offered up the premises again. It's going to be epic.

we will all be racing for second in mini-z, have seen pauls car and its a rocket my car which is quicker than last years is no chance.......

all the other classes are going to be hard fought, it will comedown to how quickly people can adapt to a new track.

I think no home advantage for anyone will produce some very interesting results.

I here his chappy is breaking records as well.

Looks like we're in for a repeat of 2012.

Hoo Roo

Dark horse Jason Brooks.

Bugger Shane. You blew my cover! :lol:

Can't wait to join you all tomorrow in QLD.

Brooksy

I here his chappy is breaking records as well.

Rumours , just rumours Cam , don't believe everything you here. Building a fast car is one thing , racing is quite another.

Can't believe it's here , can't sleep already. Time to play !!!!!!!!!!!!

The world champion is certainly an excellent trigger man, If he gets a half decent car in his hands there will be many podiums for him. He learnt a few lessons at the MCN about trying to pass when your outside of a corner.

Well, now that it's all over, does anyone have any results or photos to post.

I took some photos yesterday but can not post them at the moment due to my low number of posts on these forums. :unsure:

ding... :P

Steve Drummond

"How many times do I have to tell you, HOLD IT FLAT THROUGH THERE"

What a great weekend of racing every class was hard fought and the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant. Was great to see so many come from interstate some of the classes were very well supported and the track was a real drivers track.

I am sure race reports will be up very soon but for those who can't wait a short summary would be all titles went to a Queenslander with a real mix of other drivers getting podiums.

Paul the Texan showed class by not missing a single podium and winning both 1/32 classes and mini-z along the way. Simon took two convincing wins in F1 and GTJ and I managed to narrowly take the win in Historic.

Andrew and simon took out both teams races by small margins.

Notable performances were also put in by Cam, Jimmy and Jason Brooke's from Sydney getting on podiums multiple times.

If you missed the chance to get to this APC you missed the best one yet.

Werner should be very proud for putting on the best slot car event in Australia again for another year. With the track staying in the country will only mean there will be more of these great events, I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks for the quick report Jason. Well done with your Historic class win and to Paul for his wins and podiums.

I agree, it was great so see so many from interstate at the race meet.

From what I saw it was very well organised and run and is a credit to Werner and his team.

Just a shame that I don't own a Plafit car........YET !!!!!

Steve Drummond

"How many times do I have to tell you, HOLD IT FLAT THROUGH THERE"

Well, now that it's all over, does anyone have any results or photos to post.

I took some photos yesterday but can not post them at the moment due to my low number of posts on these forums. :unsure:

Was not aware that low post numbers could stop someone posting photo's will look into this. Are you sure this is the case?