2014 Australian Plafit Championship

Great weekend.

Congratulations to all the winners Paul, Jason, Simon and Andrew.

Thanks again to Werner for organising, Garry for the race directing and Akira for the track.

The new guys from Dapto had a ball and would have learn't heaps, they will be back bigger and better next year.

Well done to the Dapto guys on the podium, great effort given the talent of drivers.

Great company and atmosphere, looking forward to next year.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well ... there goes that swap opportunity.

What a very generous thing to do, well done you.

Great to see the race results, how close the racing was, and the number of entries. I counted 130 entries in the sprints and 27 Teams in the two teams events so obviously a very successful meet.

Anyone that won their heat or managed to get on the podium would have to be very happy with their result. Really good to see Jason Brooks now competitive in the "bigger class" and it gives me hope when I see "old buggers" like Jimmy still able to get onto the podium. Congratulations guys.

Would'nt mind knowing what the bodies were that got to the podium in Mini Z and 1/32.. any spec sheets out there?

Hi Kim , You missed a beauty, some epic battles with many races settled with first and second finishing on the same lap. Saturday was huge.

Mini Z .........Audi chrome , Audi white kit ?+ Ferrari F70

Div.2............Fly Panoz , Fly F40 , Ninco Honda

Div. 1...........ScaleAuto BMW Z4 x 2 + Slot.it Nissan R390

Best I can offer at this stage from memory.

Edited by paulthetexan

Hi Kim, sorry you missed the APC, in my opinion the best Scale slot meet that I've been involved in over my many many years racing slotties .With 9 Dapto racers attending & taking the the mickey out of one another the friendly banter spread to everyone making a very friendly atmosphere to race in.Very well organised by Werner & his many helpers & with Race Director Gary Johnson keeping the racing moving along nicely.The Track was very good to race on & always kept you on your toes & the best part for you is a shortened version will be set up at Red Racer for a short time while waiting for their new track to arrive.Look forward to catching up with you at the 2015 APC in Melbourne where we should hassle Werner to run an over 60's race just to give us a better chance of a podium in our senior years. :D Cheers Jimmy

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Jimmy.. you're an inspiration mate.. Great that you enthused so many racers to come up from Dapto and bruise a few Queensland bananas. As I said, was really good to see you on the podium and look forward to racing against you next year.