2014 Australian Plafit Championship

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jazzbell

"sunny one day, beaten the next" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Confident.......

Good luck you NSWelshmen. Cam ,Chris and others.Dark horse Jason Brooks.

Would have loved to be going, but 4 trips away already this year for slots the wife has said Know way.

Regards Shane a

Team NSR

Not much confidence here Jazzbell , I haven't raced in a few of months. I'll leave it to the hard chargers this year, my 15 minutes of fame is long gone. I think a few new faces on the podium at this one will be good. Understand what you are saying about trips away though, It's a hard life when we can pick and choose which events to turn up to. There is plenty going on.

Just kidding around Chris ,however I will try to dig out a couple of bright shirts for your enjoyment. Look forward to catching up with you in a couple of days.

Cheers Paul

Edited by paulthetexan

Well, now that it's all over, does anyone have any results or photos to post.

I took some photos yesterday but can not post them at the moment due to my low number of posts on these forums. :unsure:

ding... :P

Steve Drummond

The Asylum Raceway    The home of Lunatic Racing

Member of the Q32 slotcar group

Thanks for the quick report Jason. Well done with your Historic class win and to Paul for his wins and podiums.

I agree, it was great so see so many from interstate at the race meet.

From what I saw it was very well organised and run and is a credit to Werner and his team.

Just a shame that I don't own a Plafit car........YET !!!!!

Steve Drummond

Well, now that it's all over, does anyone have any results or photos to post.

I took some photos yesterday but can not post them at the moment due to my low number of posts on these forums. :unsure:

Was not aware that low post numbers could stop someone posting photo's will look into this. Are you sure this is the case?

When the "reply to this topic" box comes up, there is no tool for me to "manage my attachments".

If there is another way to post photos I can't find it.

IMG_0114[\img]

Edited by ding

Steve Drummond

Hi Guys,

Finally back home in Sydney and already missing the sunshine weather. Stepping off the plane was a huge shock. 12 Degrees!

Anyway, What a fantastic weekend of racing that was. probably the best experience thus far. What a great turn out from both QLD, VIC and NSW. i believe 24 drivers in total? the atmosphere was exceptional. Really great racing with some exciting close battles.

Congrats to all the race winners, Paul, Jason, Simon and Andrew. Very deserving winners for each class. Also congrats to the other podium placers, Cam, Jim, Chris and others (if i have forgotten anyone) with their supreme driving and building skills.

For me, I had a great weekend, a couple of 2nd's and 3rd's was great, but to make the top split in every race was a highlight for sure. Made a few mistakes in a couple of races which you always learn from for next time. Always very passionate to do my very best.

Thanks to everyone that made the event possible. Werner and Akira for organizing the event and quite possibility the best track i have driven on yet. Andrew and Torque Ford for hosting the event. the best place to host a slot car race. I hope we go back soon even if Andrew has lost his job! :lol: .All the Queensland drivers for coming out to drive. it was great meeting you all again or for the first time. Also to Greg from Victoria for making the long trip up. Werner's wife (sorry forgot the name) for looking after us in the best possible way. Red Racer (again forgot the name) for looking after us for spare last minute parts. Also to Gary Johnson for working his magic with the timing and lap scoring a always

Also a huge thanks to all the Dapto guys! Jim, Cam, Chris, Rod, Greg, Michael, Vito and JJ. Had a cracker with all of you, laughing all the way! memories to keep and talk about for future years. Again thanks to Jim, Cam and Chris for building and lending out cars to race with. possibly the best pit crew ever. Also to Rod for managing and organizing me with the cars.

it was quite possibly the APC to date! Looking forward to the next one already somewhere in Australia. So long as it's warm!

Brooksy!

Brooksy

Just a Quick word to ditto what Jason has already said. A fantastic weekend and many thanks to those who organised , came , saw and conquered.

Werner, Akira, Andrew and Torque Ford, Garry and all else should be very proud of hosting a fantastic event and one I can't wait to attend again.

A big thanks to all the Dapto guys who helped me over the weekend and have inspired me to get better and faster. It was great weekend.

Michael

Hello again

Same as above , Extremely huge weekend of slotcar racing that will last in the memory for ages. Saturday was unparalleled with 30 odd drivers competing across the classes with many visitors and spectators showing up. There was plenty going on to keep the buzz happening. I particularly enjoyed seeing quite a few new faces or entries this year along with the many folks I have come to know.

Sunday on the other hand had an after party feel about it with everyone starting off the day in a very friendly relaxed atmosphere that carried on throughout the day which gave plenty of opportunity to socialize and relax.

A big congratulations to Werner , Andrew and the team for continuing the fine tradition of APC at Torque Ford. It really is a special weekend that is a celebration of Model Car Racing in Australia.

I would also like to offer my sincere appreciation for the guys that travel across the country to attend this event because it's the people that make the event in the end. I look forward to catching up next year to do it all again in another corner of our slotcar kingdom.

Still recovering

Paul

Edited by paulthetexan