2014 Australian Plafit Championship

APCBannerAuslot_zpsf214eab3.jpg

8. - 10. August 2014, TORQUE FORD North Lakes, 1658 Anzac Avenue, North Lakes, QLD 4509 AUSTRALIA

AuslotCoverPhoto_zps712a853c.jpg

Hi all,

For the third time the APC will be held within this wonderful Torque Ford showroom and again the Plafit Masters Track will be available for this 3-day event. The track layout has once more being changed for absolute neutral competition.

2014PlafitMastersTrackreduced_zps0302aa18.jpg

Races for 8 Plafit Car Classes are to be held (6 single driver plus 2 team events) :

- 1/32 GT Division 1 + 2

- Mini-Z GT

- 1/24 Historic's

- 1/24 FLM Formula LeMans (LMP)

- 1/24 Group C

- 1/24 Formula 1

- 1/24 GTJ Japanese GT

The team races will 1/24 FLM and 1/24 Group C by two drivers one car.

All 2014 car/class specifications can be viewed on our website : https://picasaweb.go...05?noredirect=1

However the regulations will also be published here on Auslot, so will be the race schedule and all other relevant information in the coming weeks.

Entries will be accepted from Monday, 31.March 2014.

So, please mark your diary, interstater's book your flights, build some cars and travel to QLD in August for the largest international Model Car Racing event this year.

See you all at the big track.

Cheers

Werner

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very similar to the 012 track which is a good thing. I am only going by memory but this looks like it is straight through under the bridge where there was a very slight change in the old track. Also perhaps there is a bit more angle coming off of what would be termed turn 3 making it more of an s. It was a nice track to drive even though it was easily the worst weekend results wise i have ever had and everything went wrong, blew up a controller drove really badly in every class. Even had a tantrum.

I hope I can get there for a few classes. I don't want to do the full book with cars that i don't drive regularly so I might target a few classes I like.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Trevor here's some pics of the 2012 track when it was under construction in Japan.

APC3_zps9a52d6ba.jpg

This pic is from the Pan Pacific race in Japan last year & will be the track for the APC at Torque Ford,

Direction may change for the APC but not confirmed.Spoke to Greg Colgen at the Scaleauto 8 hour enduro at Hornsby last weekend & he said it was pretty good to race on as he went over last year.

He said the locals treated him like royalty & coulden't do enough for him.

86-12_zps690f4b4d.jpg

Can't see a kink Chris,even the scematic drawing looks straight.

Track looks a bit easier than the 2012 but still has every type of corner you could wish for,2 x 90 deg,tight S & fast S,Two big sweepers & a kink to upset the Capt, :D:P

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Werner,

Any idea on driver station controller hook ups for this years track?

Jason

....It should be the same as in 2012. The American System with three single banana plugs or the QLD System with a round earth plug.

Cheers

Werner

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looking forward to next weeks APC at North Lakes Qld,with 9 X-Treme Trax racers attending will almost feel like a home event & I'm sure we will come home with some funny stories as we always do at these away trips.New track looks good ,but might be a bit easier to learn than the previous tracks but I'm sure it will be a good challenge with a classy field attending.Here's a pic of Jimmyslots race team. 013_zpsb2c6e71b.jpg

To finsh first,first you gotta finish