bandit

Spam.

I've had some other page pop up now and then instead of the Auslot home page, seems to be some short cut/URL (not that I know what is is), saying that there is something wrong with the address I'm using. I usually press backspace and the Auslot homepage appears, not sure if it's the same problem your getting though.

Matt

Check whatever updates have been made to your browser, you'll find they have slipped in a little extra for you

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Auslot.com has been injected with a piece of malicious code known as a redirect exploit. You may be able to avoid the redirect by bookmarking http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/index Otherwise the admins will need to search for the correct grep command to find and remove the injected code.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

I should add that the code is targeting IP Board, which is the forum software Auslot uses. There are IP Board patches to stop it happening again. The target website UrlShort.info doesn't appear to be malicious.

5 x National Champion

Thanks Nvmyre. Was not aware of this, as I have the forum book marked.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Anyone able to provide any screenshots of this? I've tried using various browsers and have not come across anything unusual.

Which means it may be a local problem - malwarebytes.org

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

My iPhone turned the sim off for some reason. Had to restart - then safari (had Auslot open at the time) came up as a page of kanji.

Not good, but seems to be working now...

It's definitely at the web hosting level, not anything to do with individual computers. This is a fairly well known problem that affects IP Board and vBulletin forums. If you want to replicate it you'll have to delete Auslot from your favourites then delete all cookies and temp internet files. Then go to Google, search for Auslot, and click on the link that leads to www.Auslot.com/forums/.

If a site admin wants to fix it, have a look here........http://peter.upfold.org.uk/blog/2013/01/15/cleaning-up-the-ip-board-url4short-mess/

5 x National Champion

It may not affect regular uses that have Auslot bookmarked on a lower level page or maybe your browser has the main page cached. But your average joe blogs who searches for Auslot using Google etc will most likely get redirected to Url4Short.info

5 x National Champion

Good way for software developers to get people to spend more money on upgrades. I have the re direct issue on my iPad as it isn't bookmarked there.

It's definitely at the web hosting level, not anything to do with individual computers. This is a fairly well known problem that affects IP Board and vBulletin forums. If you want to replicate it you'll have to delete Auslot from your favourites then delete all cookies and temp internet files. Then go to Google, search for Auslot, and click on the link that leads to www.Auslot.com/forums/.

If a site admin wants to fix it, have a look here........http://peter.upfold.org.uk/blog/2013/01/15/cleaning-up-the-ip-board-url4short-mess/

Thank you - I think I've resolved it now. I had patched the forum for this as soon as Invision released the update at the beginning of 2013, but it looks as though the exploit had already happened. The patch from Invision didn't explain what it was in relation to.

I was unaware as I'm always using the same URLs/cached pages/same computers etc...

If this happens again for anyone, please let me know, and provide detail of what you did -

i.e. * Searched for Auslot in Google, when clicking link on search results, URL4SHORT takes over (that is what I managed to make happen for me 15 mins ago)

Unfortunate it took 12 months...

Also moving topic to Forum Related section.

Hi All,

Still having problems with the Webpage.

Tried accessing Auslot Forums via Google earlier today (1:54pm, 21st January) on my internet explorer browser. As i clicked on the link to Auslot forums the pop up pictured below appeared. In oreder for me to get to the Auslot Home page, all i did was hit the back page button.

Capture3_zps1fbeb581.jpg

Hope you have more luck this time getting rid of it!

Brooksy

Sorry Gazza but I've reports log someone having the issue on Chrome but not sure if it's been cleaned up since the weekend.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I have same problem with URL4SHORT. Appeared around Christmas. As stated using back button takes me to AUSLOT so not a real problem but it is a nuisance.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Sorry Gazza but I've reports log someone having the issue on Chrome but not sure if it's been cleaned up since the weekend.

Never bothered with chrome, first time i saw it, it looked like trouble

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Is there an update on this issue, I don't usually go to Auslot from a web search so haven't noticed it before.

For the first time I did a web search on my phone while I was out and when I clicked on the Auslot web search return a warning came up to say that this site has been hacked.

WOW, I continued and found myself picking up some chick from a dating site (AdultFriendFinder). I clicked the back button and then hit the link again and all went through OK.

When I got home I tried the same thing in Chrome, same thing happened (AdultFriendfinder), also tried in it IE and got the URL4SHORT.INFO. as mentioned previously.

Have any of the moderators been able to track down the source.

Edited by ZeGas

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Recent change to AUSLOT log-in appears to have cured URL4SHORT problem - at moment anyhow.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Hey Charles,

Its not the login that is the problem it is a direct link from a search engine.

I am permanently logged in but a direct link still brings up the said web pages.

If I hit the back button and click on it again it goes straight through.

I have tried this on a computer that doesn't have me logged in and it still happens.

Type in AUSLOT in google, as a search not an address (you may have to delete the end if you have autofill turned on), you will see the very first link has a big warning saying.

This site may be hacked.

If you click on the link from a clean opening of which ever browser you choose (I have only tried Google & IE as that is all I have) it will shortcut.

If you are already in Auslot it won't.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Grant, Jacob was under the impression that the patches he'd put in place had fixed the issue. We'll see that he's alerted to the fact that it's still a problem and hope that something can be done about it.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg