jasonk1970

Show Your Ecurie Elite Bmw M1

I will kick this off here is my JPS Special, haven't sorted correct wheel inserts yet have used the best I could find for now.

IMG_20140109_125757_zpstl1zsfc_edit_1389237251797_zps3gxfbsqn.jpg

IMG_20140109_125810_zpsw0pfufq_edit_1389237201390_zpsxhv4yndz.jpg

IMG_20140109_125828_zpsifuhqms_edit_1389237144766_zpscbq0tzfe.jpg

Edited by jasonk1970
  • Upvote 1

Hi Jason,

Thanks for starting this thread. You were very quick on the trigger as the rest of us are still building and painting, but last night a few showed up at the test-n-tune:

IMGP3066.jpg

Here are a few close ups (not the best photo's unfortunately):

Grants Procar

IMGP3063.jpg

Bruce's Marlboro car

IMGP3062.jpg

Mark's Red Lobster (very nicely done for him by Jason)

IMGP3061.jpg

and Dean's awesome Motul version

IMGP3060.jpg

It will be good to see them all together at our concourse on the 5th of February where Gold Coast slot racing legend and general nice guy, Stu Burrows, will be our judge. The following ones still have to be shown; Kim - Martini, Garry - Denim, Gerald - Imsa Coors, Stewy - Kenwood, Ashley - Jagermeister, Paul - Kreistelefonbuch (I think that stands for German Yellow Pages)and yours truly (still struggling with the usual Gulf livery - Gerald is pushing hard for me to attempt the BASF car.....maybe?1?

Just imagine that grid when we start racing this great open commercially available chassis class - Plafits, Scholers, DoSlots etc.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Because these cars have a history I'm building mine with the original Plafit 1300 Historic Can Am chassis. I could say "just to give you guys a sporting chance" but truthfully I really like the challenge of driving the 1300 instead of a lead sled.

Because these cars have a history I'm building mine with the original Plafit 1300 Historic Can Am chassis. I could say "just to give you guys a sporting chance" but truthfully I really like the challenge of driving the 1300 instead of a lead sled.

......and knowing you.....you'll end up showing us the ar$$$e of it most the time too.

I too thought of using one of me retired 1300 chassis under the "German Yellow Pages" but I don't think they will be competitive enough so a brand new chassis will be purchased tonight and built over the weekend.......................

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Paul,

Don't write the 1300 off too quickly. At the T&T the top three cars all ran 'old' chassis, both Plafit and Scholer. With the lexan body you can make just about anything work. If you are going to buy a new chassis, why not then buy something different, rather than just more of what you already know and have......come on, venture outside your comfort zone a little and check out what the www can teach you....there is life beyond.

Cheers,

Jan

Great Looking cars and from practice runs so far it looks like the racing will be close.

Open chassis, lexan bodies and simple specs makes for a great combination.

Hi there,

Well the boys came and showed off their efforts on Wednesday night - and what great results we had. Unfortunately a few entries did not turn up, but I suppose a damaged hamstring, a could-not-find-the-Martini-decals, have-not-started-yet and my-wife-wanted-to-go-to-NZ as excuses were pretty fair. After-all not all of us have our priorities sorted..... :P

The eventual 7 that were prepared to tip in $2 for entry and go for the-winner-take-all, looked very good. Our celebrity judge and all-round good guy, Stu Burrows, took 5 hours :ph34r: to make up his mind and ultimately decided to give the $14 to the Kenwood car of Stew Johnson. Here it is in all it's splendor....

IMGP3086.jpg

...showing just how much loot was won by this great effort.

IMGP3081.jpg

Some of the entries are individually shown in previous posts here, so I will only show the ones you have not seen yet. Here is Ashley's beautiful Jagermeister...

IMGP3093.jpg

.....and Paul's nicely done German Yellow pages car.

IMGP3085.jpg

Finally the idiot (me) that got cohersed by Gerald into doing the BASF car.... I owe you one mate.

IMGP3094.jpg

A big thank you to Stu for judging (only took him about 10 minutes) and thank you to Grant for sponsoring the much appreciated BMW keyring that was presented to Stu for his efforts. Only question Stu had was; 'where is the car?' I explained that you will deliver it once you get back from NZ.

A final shot of the bunch before racing got underway.

IMGP3083.jpg

The racing that followed was some of the closest we've ever had with a new class at EE.au After a grueling 3 minutes per lane and some 120 laps per driver, the field was covered (excluding Dean who had some trouble) by a mere 10 laps. Jason had to settle for second behind the Gulf M1 by 0.4 of a lap. Quickest lap during racing was a 5.8, but afterwards we saw a low 5.7, which is getting into Grp C territory.

Thanks for everyone's effort during the launch of this class, I believe the Narangba Boys and the Birkdale guys are seriously considering to join in too. (Garry had a very fast 6.085 around his new track on Thursday night with the Gulf car and could not stop smiling). :wub:

Cheers,

Jan

Hi all,

Last Wednesday night Gerald eventually decided to come and show off his new Coors livery BMW M1. The car was nice and ran well for it's maiden outing, here are a few pics....

IMGP3105.jpg

...and driving past...

IMGP3106.jpg

...and away it goes...

IMGP3107.jpg

Nice one mate, you will enjoy your M1 together with the rest of us.

In fact a few of the boys ran them last night at Birkdale and they are really good on Garry's new track - sincerely hope he will promote them as his top class for the next few months. I think they are very rewarding to drive and will aid everyone nicely during the learning phase of the new track.

Cheers,

Jan

Hey Jan,

great idea for a 'one design" formula. I remember these when they raced at the Wynns 1000 at Kyalami way back when. Nice stuff on the BASF car.

regards

Alan

Boys and their Toys...

Hey Jan,

great idea for a 'one design" formula. I remember these when they raced at the Wynns 1000 at Kyalami way back when. Nice stuff on the BASF car.

regards

Alan

Al,

I have always been a fan of single body classes because they look so good on the grid, especially when all the guys make decent effort. These M1's are actually rather quick and produces a most satisfying drive.

Awesome class and we are enjoying them. Racing is very very close. During our last meeting, in seven brackets of racing, we ended up each time with the first three drivers on the same lap. In the end less than 4 laps covered all the drivers for the night.

Cheers,

Jan

Looks like a good class. Is there a minimum weight? Fox motors yes? Funnily enough I always hated one make series in 1/32 plastic RTR as there would invariably be 3 or 4 of the same livery on the track at the same time. Looked kind of silly. This looks a little creative and the open chassis will make for a learning curve of what works and what doesn't so all in all a very good idea.

Unfortunately I am a long way away but if i were able to race with you my sense of humour would allow me only one livery.

pooh_sponsor_bmw_.jpg

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Hi Trevor,

I like your thinking mate....who can not want one of those......liveries, I mean.....LOL

Yes, basically the rules for the class are as follows:

- Only BMW M1 lexan bodies of 15thou with interiors. Your liverie must not be the same as anyone else's, and you can make up a liverie provided you use sponsors and livery styles from that era.

- Any (agreed) commercially available chassis, but no rear suspension motor boxes.

- No minimum body weight, only a minimum total car weight of 140.0 grams.

- Front wheels minimum diameter 23.0 mm and minimum width to touch the track 7.0 mm. They may be hardened and polished.

- Rear wheels minimum diameter 24.0 mm and maximum width 16.0 mm. Only Scale Auto Procomp 3 or Plafit Black Magic tyres allowed.

- Gearing is open to any 50 pitch pinion and spur gears on 3 mm axles.

- Motor is Plafit Fox II only.

- Minimum ground clearance of 1.0 mm

- Front and rear spur is open, but may not extend outside the body.

- The polar length is open within the body limitations.

All easy, simple and fast....we are racing them again, next Wednesday night, can't wait.

Cheers,

Jan

No idea mate. Possibly the German guys, chat with Fola. See if anyone over there might have or could draw them up.

Boys and their Toys...

Hi guys,

Last week in preparation for the Qld Enduro Champs, Tim Tyler drove my Gulf livery M1 at Garry J's Birkdale Raceway - into the record books.

Tim remarked that it was one of the nicest slotcars he has ever raced - quite a statement from one of the worlds best!

Cheers,

Jan

Hi all,

Since my previous post we hosted Cam from Extreme Trax at Ecurie Elite.au and when it came to racing the M1's I again made my Gulf car available as a loaner.......Well you guessed it, being the great driver he is, he managed a solid second spot and in the process improved one of our lane records with it.

So given the fact that I gave been racing my BASF livery M1 because I simply could not let anyone else drive it, last night I had a chance to race my Gulf car as nobody needed a loaner. Wow what a car............

I believe there is a Denim and a Martini livery in the pipeline......or maybe it's only a rumour.....or not, Garry.....Kim....comments?

Cheers,

Jan

Jan, you can't rush these things.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill