Sign in to follow this  
Kholo Kid

Scalextric Race Control System

Have you guys seen the Scalextric RCS being released in 2014? The link is http://www.scalextric.com/shop/new-for-2014/new-scalextric-rcs/ .

The write up says:

The Ultimate Slot Car Race Control System is here!

Scalextric RCS™ is the first slot car Race Control System that allows users to wirelessly create and manage races through the use of a handheld smart device. Connect your SMART device using the latest Bluetooth technology to one of the three new RCS™ Power Bases, for additional features and control of your races.

Set up each race by choosing the race type, driver names, number of laps and toggle additional features on or off such as Yellow Flag mode, Fuel, Tyre Wear, in-race damage and many more! Customise individual throttle mapping and car handling characteristics before you head out on the track to test your skills and challenge your opponent.

My Garage

· My Collection - List your slot car collection and add favourites for quick and easy race selection.

· Track & Accessories - Log all of your Scalextric track pieces and accessories to see available layout options.

· Custom Tracks - Save track designs by giving them a name and taking a photo.

Additional Points

· Post your race stats on Facebook or Twitter and compare results.

· Change the speed units between km/h and mph and real or scale speed.

· RCS™ Power Bases can be used without being connected to the Scalextric RCS™ App.

Interesting

My guess is that there will be a dedicated App on your smart device that connects to the powerbase...

The App will contain the "My Garage" stuff, and the 'post your results' stuff.

Still, for anyone with an APB, there probably isn't a need to upgrade as the APB with cable and Race CoOrdinator can do most things that the Scaley system offers, including outputting to Tablets...

That said, if you don't have an APB, I'd definately be thinking about waiting till the RCS Pro system launches...

Will be interesting to see how good the wireless controls are. Most of the functions are what used to be in their old Sport World power base. The kers function could be fun. With the old sport world PB, you could buy expansion packs to do 4, 6 and 8 lane racing, a 4 lane expansion pack for digital would be great. 4 lane digital, or 3 racing & 1 pit, or 2 lane racing, pit road and pit bays.

Will be interesting to see how good the wireless controls are. Most of the functions are what used to be in their old Sport World power base. The kers function could be fun. With the old sport world PB, you could buy expansion packs to do 4, 6 and 8 lane racing, a 4 lane expansion pack for digital would be great. 4 lane digital, or 3 racing & 1 pit, or 2 lane racing, pit road and pit bays.

I have seen the Sport world power base in a catalog but never in a store so I thought it must have never been released. Was it any good? I have SSDC with a usb lead etc and it's awesome, so the Scalextric one would have to be really good for me to consider switching. I don't think the Scalextric system would be supported as well as SSDC and have such value added updates as well. The SSDC system really is great.

It was only released in the UK, and it was rubbish. The lap counting was worked on the cars going over small dead strips. However if the car braids left contact from the track for the slightest time it would register that as a lap. Fundamentally a poor idea.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the RCS system, marketing may well want it out in 2014 but they have seriously misjudged the timescales to get a new electronic unit out. Not that they have ever encountered this before... duh!

gallery_4291_493_4007.jpg

.............................PM me for C7042 Aux to PC cables............or Pit-Pro...