2014 V8 Tipping Suggestions

As the 2013 has drawn to a close it is now a prudent time to begin thinking about the 2014 competition.

Whilst I can't promise that I'll be able to make any or all changes to website it would be good see if anyone has any suggestions for improving the tipping website functions to make life easier....

I particularly liked the pole, race winner, top 5 configuration of most rounds.

The current website probably took about 30 hours of work to get up and running - a lot of that time was spending testing and adding new functionality as I thought about it and with feedback from a few select beta testers.

To kick things off:

Default Selections

At the start of the competition a user nominates default picks for pole / race winner and top 5. In the event that no tips are entered then the default tips are used - this would remove the possibility of tipsters forgetting to enter their tips (even with reminders set).

There are some limitations with defaults particularly around those rounds where co-drivers replace the standard drivers

I tip in the yahoo nascar comp, you can only pick a driver upto a maximum of 10 times. This means using strategy to pick a driver who performs well at certain tracks.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

I like the default idea too... But you would need to be able to modify it...

Another thing you could award points to, would be to pick which brand of car has the highest percentage in the top 10...

ps. Loved it this year, and if nothing changes, I'll still be back next year...

Edited by shadow_rusty