2014 Tasman Cup

Stubbo

I have just amended post 1 with a couple of changes to the rules.

There has been some really good discussion on motors and it has been decided to allow entrants to use the Vanski FF050 if they want. Read post 1 carefully to make sure you get the right one.

The size of the field will be limited to 24. it's filling quickly. First in best dressed. I will start a reserves list if needed.

And finally we will be having a second round in Adelaide thanks to the guys at Fulham Park Raceway.

I'll get some pics of the track and put them up as soon as I can.

Alan Stubbings

Hi Alan.

You still appear to have BILLX entered as No. 5. This was only a back-up car in case you did not have enough entries.

As there appear to be plenty this slot can be refilled. I will just retain No.48 unless Phil does not enter No. 47.

Good that you have plenty of interest as VRAA has been big disappointment. Now only 13 cars.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Alan,

I think I'll return again next year, just to keep up the continuity and, if there's still a vacant spot. Haven't decided on either car, motor or number as this is a spur of the moment decision whilst browsing this thread. Have to rummage through my spares bin to see what I can come up with. Not sure if I want to go with that horrific brakeless monster of a Solarbotics motor again but I do have Solarbotics-like motors (exact clones) which I acquired from my local electronics shop which have these numbers on them:

PPN7KB10C

0935KJ

Would they be legal for the Tasman? I have tried them out installed in a 74gm brass chassised Fiat 500 and it goes just like the Solarbotics which I got from Stu last time except that this time I geared it a little lower and I managed to get some reasonable brakes and still have a decent top end. Incidentally, I notice you haven't excluded ballraces, so can they be used? Here's the motor:

DSC09686_zps217c59c7.jpg

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Thanks, Phil, but no thanks! After my manic experience over the last couple of years with those totally brakeless rocketships in both the VRAA and Tasman, I'm going to steer clear of Solarbotics for my proxy F1's! I do have a SRP1090 and BWA ff050 in my spares bin which I can use, so not a problem. It was just a thought I had to use my locally acquired Solarbotics clone as it seems to perform pretty well in an adequately weighted chassis and geared low enough to produce some semblance of braking. And now a question of visual aesthetics - I have resin repops of Monogram's Lotus 33 and Ferrari 158 which I am looking at using but problem is they both have truncated rear ends which will expose the crown gear. Would you have a moulding of a suitable gearbox which I can use to cover this - like the original Monogram's? I would use that if I can find it - I remember it was a separate chromed clip on unit. I know it is possible to fabricate a gearbox for this purpose, but I think you know me - all thumbs when it comes to fine detailing of a model car!

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year to all the Tasmanites.

Here is the most recent list of entries. There is still a place available in the main field. We do have three reserves.

Phil, if the grandkids want the final spot they can have it now.

CAR # ENTRANT Nat. 1 1 Stubbo AUS 2 3 Slo1quick AUS 3 4 LennyBroke AUS 4 7 Old23/Stewart CAN 5 8 Bigskybanker USA 6 9 RIR/Peter CAN 7 13 Mrollingthunder USA 8 14 Terry Newsome AUS 9 20 Miveson AUS 10 32 Haystack AUS 11 47 Phil Kalbfell AUS 12 48 Charlesx NZ 13 50 Alexis in Greece GR 14 69 Ferrari1950 CAN 15 78 Manimmal AUS 16 TBA Ferraif40 GBR 17 TBA Spanish Fly CAN 18 TBA Chrisguyw CAN 19 TBA FPR7 AUS 20 TBA Foowieman AUS 21 TBA Spoons AUS 22 TBA Pauls Slots AUS 23 TBA Chenglaw MYS 24 Available

2014 Reserve List CAR # ENTRANT Nat. TBA Grandkids 2 Bunyip 5 Billx

• Upvote 1

Alan Stubbings

Here is the updated list of entries with a couple of pending number requests.

Don't forget you need to have your cars in Melbourne by the 28th March.

There is room available for one more entrant if somebody wants to join us.

TasmanCup2014.jpg

Alan Stubbings

• 4 weeks later...

OK, time to get this show on the road.

Here is the list of entrants as at today's date. I have received the entry fee from a couple of you, thank you very much.

Please check the details and make sure they are right.

2014TasmanCupat3rdFebruary.png

I also know some of you have posted details of your car builds but we would like to see some more of what's going on.

Don't forget the cars need to be here in Melbourne by the 28th March.

Alan Stubbings

Hi Alan, I’m afraid I will have to withdraw from this year’s Tasman due to some personal domestic issues which I need to resolve as a matter of priority. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this but unfortunately I have not been able to find a solution as yet. I have left my withdrawal to as close to the deadline as I felt feasible so I hope it is not too late for another entrant to take up the vacant spot. Best of luck to everyone and hope you’ll have a successful and enjoyable proxy.

Lim

Hi Stubbo

Car in mail today. Tracking number CC 405 428 211 NZ

1961 Cooper Climax T53 in traditional Cooper colours

Fantasy livery based on late Tim Mayer's 1964 Tasman car (No. 48)

As stated by Phil K recently Tim was killed at Longford in 1964 so partly in memory of him

Home made brass chassis and suspension using BWA motor mount and guide mount

Solabotic FF030 motor

Slot-it axles, gear and guide - 9:25 ratio

BWA 15" ali wheels and Paul Gauge tyres

Dart Hobbies inserts, windscreen, mirrors, full length driver

No added weight - about 58gms

Tamiya paint and self-made decals

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards Chas Le Breton (Charlesx)

G'day Guys,

Here is the updated list with paid entries. If you have paid and you are not maked as so please PM me to check it out.

For those who are yet to pay can you please do so ASAP or if you are not going to enter please let me know.

And yes there are only 23 on the list!

TasmanCuppaidentries.jpg

Dont forget your cars need to be in Melbourne by the 28th of March.

Alan Stubbings