Sign in to follow this  
BigMick

Im In

Greetings all, have been around Thunderbirds here in Adelaide for a few weeks now most people there think of me as big Mick so thats the name I will use here. A workplace accident has taken away my previous pastime (was a scratch golfer) but no more cant even swing a club these days.

So slot car racing is it and love it, the people, the racing and the tinkering are all right up my ally. Have taken over a section of my wifes sewing room as a slot car workshop but am sure that wont last, maybe we need a bigger house? see I have the bug bad. Will get to know the locals as I go and others via the forum. See you on the track

Big Mick

Welcome aboard Mick, it's just beginning

"Honey, I saw this really nice shack with an 8 bay garage, can we buy it"

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Welcome Mick. Whatever our reasons, we're all addicted to these little cars. A lot more fun than the stupid little white ball, but don't let them fool you. They can be every bit as frustrating at times.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Welcome aboard Big MIck.. maybe your avata could be a wood shot using a 1/32 plastic instead of a gold ball..both require skill, patience and a total belief you're much better than you really are.

.both require skill, patience and a total belief you're much better than you really are.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So true Axman, well said!

Ooh, and welcome BigMick the slot car community.

Sorry to hear a workplace accident has stimied one of your pleasuretime activities.

Edited by triggy

Normal people worry me

.both require skill, patience and a total belief you're much better than you really are.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So true Axman, well said!

Ooh, and welcome BigMick the slot car community.

Sorry to hear a workplace accident has stimied one of your pleasuretime activities.

Thanks for the welcome guys I know a bit about to much self belief spent 8 years trying to make it as a pro golfer, found out the hard way a club handicap of zero is nowhere near good enough to play with the top pros. Golf nuts from the late eighties early nineties might remember my short pro career not because of the results just because of the way I look (130 kg) aka Big Mick.

Not the usual build for a golfer I admit more suited to slot cars I think. Wont make the same mistake again have seen Shane A drive at thunderbirds and think I will be in the grave before I get that good. Anyhoo see you round the traps

Big Mick

Welcome, welcome from another 'Big Mick', oops, Michael...

<--- That pic is a pretty good likeness...

Yep, I definately have that same 'Slot Car' build...

I used to race RC, but when you crash, there is so much further to go to fix it... lol.

(No, not the real reason for quitting... That would be politics...)