Sign in to follow this  
neil

3 Blowers ??? Wtf

just watch'n a hot rod programe,,,,, & i'll amit that I know nuff'n bout motors or cars... but what does 3 blowers a top of each other serve apart from living out the childhood dream.......... car was nice.... motor was huge..... but seriously... can 3 blowers serve a practical purpose??

I reckon kudos if he's achieved what his after.... but what I don't understand is what results you'd get with 3 blowers bolted on top of each other/ 1st blowing into the 2nd then into the 3rd then distributed among the 8 cylinders............... not like a 16 cylinder/ 2 inline 8's diesel motor (generator) i once worked with,, which had 4 blowers.... though these were all bolted on top of motor...... 1blower over 4 cylinders..

If one blows up he has at least two spare.

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

ha yeah,, wishful thinking......... but aren't they sealed units, if the rotors don't turn,no air passes......... & on that note,,you'd hate for the first blower to let go,,sending parts & bits into the 2nd& 3rd....

surely the 3 blowers must be a show off only,,,, that being the 3rd/closest to the motor being opperational & the 1st & 2nd being empty cases for looks only...... filters maybe

• Upvote 1

Hi Neil;

Detroit 6V92 / 8V92 and 12V92 series, we look after some V12 units that are as you say two V6 engines bolted together. In a cray boat we run the 12V92 at around 1,000 hp at 2250 rpm with twin turbo and super charging.

There are some units in mine spec, that have been modified and half the unit (one bank of cylinders) is a compressor. serious out put. They were and are good engines but in the modern world they do not compete

with fuel and oil consumption. Noise is also a major problem, beeing a two stroke engine.

As to the hot rod, they are dreaming. How much can a combustion chamber take. Pistons, rod, rings, etc, need a lot of work to make a normal blown engine run reliably.

I agree it is possably a single blower with either injection contained and full dummie housings.

As Ember mentioned possibaly a very small man.

Paul

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Neil I am familiar with how a Charger and Turbo works.

I was kidding ^_^

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Neil I am familiar with how a Charger and Turbo works.

I was kidding ^_^

I did read it as humor,,,, but ( for the minute ) I was thinking if top blowers could push through the lower, if ceased....

• Upvote 1