Sign in to follow this  
Armchair Racer

Nsw Round Of The Scalextric World Championship

This is the 3rd Year the Scalextric World Championship has been run and the NSW Round is being held this weekend at Armchair Racer.

Come in on Fri 8 Nov, Sat 9 Nov or Sun 10 Nov between 11am - 3pm and try your luck on the Scalextric Digital layout.

The current 2013 record for the 10 lap race is currently held in the UK with a time of 24.254 seconds. Our own Jason beat that time last year so lets hope he or one of the other keen contenders knock it off.

There are prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best times in the NSW round with the winner taking home a Scalextric Thundering V8 set valued at $299.

*** In addition to this event we will have special offers on a range of our stock each day. Each day there will be different offers and these will be listed on our web page the evening prior. Offers are only available in-store between the hours of 11am - 3pm ***

We hope to see you.

Sounds like a great weekend...

Good luck to all of our Aussie entrants...

So the "champ" has come back and knocked off more than 1 second of his 2012 time - and still 2 days to go.

SWC1_zpsbd5379da.jpg

Edited by Armchair Racer

Does the guru have his own same layout to practice on or is he just plain good?

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

He does work in the shop, but during the competition you only get one shot at it, so anything can happen on the day.

The guy in the red shirt is from Scalextric, to make sure everything is above board

By the way which one did you use ..... Lambo or McLaren

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I'm using the green car!

Brooksy

I'm using the green car!

I love the tech talk :D :D :D :D

Gary

Big difference to sitting in front of a computor screen in a seat and using a steering wheel :D . I think the Scaley dude looks as if , is there anybody who can beat this ranger :o:lol:. Sorry Jason.

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

so how is the comp. run?....... is it the best lap of a given time on the track.. or is it time taken to complete distance.. orsit 2up knock out..... & how are track conditions regulated or are they? are new braids & tyres given & trued with each contestant?

so how is the comp. run?....... is it the best lap of a given time on the track.. or is it time taken to complete distance.. orsit 2up knock out..... & how are track conditions regulated or are they? are new braids & tyres given & trued with each contestant?

Total time over a ten lap race, one chance and one chance only, cars are cleaned readied before each day, the contest is on for 4 hours a day over three days (here) but your out of luck as it finished at Armchair yesterday, unless you want to travel

Gary

Race is run on Total Time over 10 laps, however you can have as many goes as you wish! I can be honest by saying the car saw less time on the track and more time in the air this weekend, however we have managed to set a time that will be hard to beat.

Brooksy

cheers.. was just interested in how they keep the car on par with every attempt...... good luck in retaining the chapionship.

When do Queenslander's get a chance to set a time for the Scalextric World Championships ?

The Hurricane

Sign in to follow this