Sign in to follow this  
lenny broke

2014 Scale Model Nationals Question(S)

Hi Shane

Could you clarify a couple of things for me regarding the Ninco GT class please?

I recently acquired a "lightened" version of a Mosler MT900R with a view to preparing it for the nats in June.

The car came with a clear polycarbonate chassis and a NC5 that appears to have a printed label only on the bottom face of the can rather than a foil wrapper. The label quotes the same power rating and RPM as a foil wrapped NC5 speeder motor.

My question , ..... Is the polycarbonate chassis and printed label NC-5 allowed to be used this year ?

Cheers

Alan

Guest jazzbell

Hi Alan,

The chassis is fine to use but the motor is not allowed.Reason the rules state know venting ,and motor wrap must be intact.The know venting means you can't cut the label out to allow the motor to be an open can motor.Even though the car has come with the same spec motor it's still not allowed,so know wrapper know run.

Alan when your coming to T birds next let me know and I'll give you a new NC5 at know charge as I have plenty of spares.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Hi Shane

A question regarding Slot It group C: Can the motor pod screws be replaced? the rules state you can replace tho body screws but I just wanted clarify if this applies to pod screws as well.

Thanks,

Alan