2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

• 2 weeks later...

first.. gotta say..... love the Lancia's in your pic's..................& yeah,,, your scenery is starting to take shape,,,,,,from my own experiance(very litle of nil)........ I know how hard it is to get the scenery happening when you got a bunch of cars that are staring at you with puppy eyes,,just wanting to be thrashed around the track....

Ive only just noticed the... "bridge"..???.....in the 2nd & 4th pic.... is there a story to this on how you developed the lenghth & height of it?? ..................lookin good

The little bridge is only quite low but I intend to pour some resin straight onto the (suitably painted) mdf to create a small creek. It was a good excuse to eat a few ice blocks the other weekend. I figure a few lomps and bumps would make it more interesting, the old spare bed was the only room I had for it.........p....d the cat off no end. Hopefull I'll have a timing system set up in a few days, then the build will really slow down

Edited by aquakiwi

I guessing you could only drive rally/cross type cars over the bridge,,,,,, where as any sought of GT or tourer would smack there front wing or only just clear...... I'm going to have a crack at another track build soon & am keen to put some dips or crest into it... but keep it road like..

I've got the Scaley Classic hump bridge track, and most of my collection bottom out on that...

The best form of dip / crest that I've done was by making a hill climb track...

Winding road up, long sweeping banked road down...

Edited by shadow_rusty

Stolen%20From%20SlotsNZ.gif

Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader

(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track

Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection

Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector / Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

I guessing you could only drive rally/cross type cars over the bridge,,,,,, where as any sought of GT or tourer would smack there front wing or only just clear...... I'm going to have a crack at another track build soon & am keen to put some dips or crest into it... but keep it road like..

Funny enough my Slot-It chassied Munter McLaren M12 is one of the quickest cars around it. Will have a better idear when I set up the timing system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nice

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Painting it does add an extra dimension.... and gives some extra chances to play mind games.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprisingly my vote goes for what I used. As recommended by our forum paint expert, Ontheflipside, I washed my track down with Prepsol before priming with Dulux 3in1 Primer Sealer Undercoat. Then colour coated with Dulux Designer Suede (Tuscan is an outdoor version). 2 coats should suffice. Then if you wish tyre marks to show up clear coat as desired. I used an untinted Bright Base because it was as close as possible to flat finish.

Paint can be tinted or detail over painted with artist's acrylics.

01_mccrae_muddy.jpg

05_wash_detail.jpg

Sample pots will probably be all you need.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction