Anthony G

Hi From Mackay

Hi, I have just got into slot car racing ( we had a track when I was a child, many years ago) and am absolutely loving it. I started out with the Scalextric Bathurst mayhem track, added another dozen pieces or so to it and built up my track and added some scenery. I am now looking at getting a 6 car digital powerbase to add to the fun. Might need a bit of help to upload some pics but I am sure I will appreciate all you guys and girls have to offer with your experience.

IMG_0350_zps86cd80c1.jpg

IMG_0276_zps34c22d94.jpg

IMG_0349_zpsdc1865b5.jpg

This is my first time doing scenic so be gentle! I have an idea to add extra track ( lovin the scalextric track builder) So what is a good time for a decent circuit? I have a best of about 4.5 secs but am looking at making it more like 8 secs. All of my cars bar the McLaren work fine up the hill but it loses magnatration at the front due to the rear, and it keeps slipping off, is there anything else I can do except put another magnet at the front of it to stick? Also, what cars out of the box are good? Thanks

Edited by gazza

hi anthony....

I'm Meal as my user name will tell ya...... I've just got back from a night of a hair cut,,, where i demanded my favorite Asian hair dresser (she too is pedantic & does a brilliant job,, so I give her a modest tip)..... then went & visited Masters....this joint is pretty amazing upon first visit for a looksie.... dare say,, I'll hate the second visit when I'll be spending monies on the house (not on slotcars)....... then my eldest daughter rings me to tell me I have to pick up the second eldest daughter from work cause (she now has a car which she is prolly chauffeuring her friends around in) she'll still be driving around... which cuts my time @ the club down to an hour,,, which ain't all that bad because I managed to win back my winnings that I had spent through the night.... now back @ home I'm sucking a blonde,,,,( oh that don't sound right... this weeks flavour Pure blonde A (no carbs.... gotta cut the fat)) & checking out the Forum........

by the way .........Welcome

Just checked out your pics,,,,,,,,,,love the hill climb/decent on left of pic......... as for the lap times,,, funnily,,, all tracks I've seen have 5.5sec on avg.in length..... do you run with mags or non mag??

That track looks like a lot of fun...

As for the 6 car APB, if you want to go digital, that's the best way to do it...

You would probably need a few chips, a couple of controllers and some lane changers too...

On the plus side, the 6 car APB has an awesome analog mode too.

Oh, and you can limit the power for some of the more challenging cars...

Welcome aboard Anthony. Looks like you've made a good start.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi Anthony you should have a lot of interesting times on here, made to feel welcomed myself even though i am from the other end of the planet so welcome aboard enjoy your slots great fun and there is a lot of help on here.

Well have my new track, not much has changed from my existing track, just added an extra section from the main straight ( I am yet to take pictures) but it now runs at about 6.5-7secs per lap pending n which car I am using. Just waiting to afford my second power supply and some more barriers instead of the afx barriers I bought originally to get the most out of it!

Kalbfellp, I went down to the local slot car track the other day after speaking to an old Go-kart buddy Adrian Bycroft, the other day, he might know your brother? Does he race?

If you're interested in any way in 1/24 and/or 60's pro cars, see if you can talk to Col Neaton.

Col is a nice guy, one of the better scratch builders and racers around, and hangs out at Slick 7 Raceway.

:)

Steve K.