Sign in to follow this  
waza2013

Pit Stop Setup On Digital

Just recently purchased the platinum digital from Amazon UK for a great price of $650 AUD (thank you so much fellow Auslot members for sending me down the online purchase path).

Now, I have one more feature to make this a complete slot car experience for my 2 kids and maybe ME J (I think you can see through this one)

What are the parts needed to add the pit stop feature to the newly acquired digital set?

Do I need to purchase the pit stop game add on ?

Cheers

Waza

Ps. GO THE FORDS, I have witnessed over 22 live Bathurst on the mountain and that one was my all time favourite (you can only imagine the amount of bets I have lost every year with the blue oval)

G'day Waza,

If your after the basic pit lanes they come in either a right hand (C7015) or left hand (C7014) and are great for adding pits to your layout. I'd get some and try these without the pit lane game and see if you and the kids are just happy with a pit lane before adding the game. I only say this because if you purchase the Pit lane game and in the future want to hook the APB (Advanced Power Base) up to your PC or laptop and run your track with SSDC (Scalextric Sport Digital Console) you get get an upgraded version of the Pit lane game called Pit- Pro which has sensors for entering and exiting the pits with fuel consumption etc.

You would also be best to get hold of the cable which lets you upgrade your APB to the latest firmware version, the same cable is used for running SSDC etc, or find someone close who is willing to upgrade your APB for you.

For more info on SSDC have a look here-ssdc.jackaments.com/

There is also race coordinator... Which is donation ware...

http://www.racecoordinator.net/rcd.html

Both require the cable for the powerbase to connect to the pc (which replaces the screen) which are available on the ssdc site, and sometimes, ebay...

http://ssdc.jackaments.com/cables.shtml

You don't need the pit lane game, but it you want one, and if you don't have one, you are better off adding the "pit lane pro" as it means that pit stops can only happen in the pits instead of anywhere on the track...

It also requires a cable to connect to the pc, but it's the older original cable, not the same as the APB cable... It is usually included with the modded pit lane pro anyway...

Unfortunately, there are no current auctions on ebay at the moment, but here is a previous listing...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-Digital-PIT-PRO-Deluxe-suit-C7042-/320970543689?nma=true&si=Am6Stlx0LwQPMKzdPgKILlbwbbQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The seller (sportdigital) regularly has PLG Pro's and APB cables listed... http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/sportdigital/

Hey Waza, I use pit lanes (dual lanes on my current set up) with the SSDC software, but I haven't upgraded to pit pro. I do have the pit lane game but find that is doesn't add value to the setup (without upgrading it) and the beeping sound is quite annoying. If you buy a good software set up with fuel burn then the basic pit lane game will become even less relevant.

A few observations:

1. With the SSDC software fuel burn works on digital cars without the need for upgrading to pit pro

2. Without pit pro cars can refuel anywhere on the track. So the racers have to have a gentlemen’s agreement to only refuel in the pit lane

3. Fuel burn is awesome and takes slot car racing to a whole new level. SSDC enables you to set up restricted speed when cars are 100% full (as the car is heavy) and burns fuel faster the heavier you accelerate

4. If you are a stats man the SSDC software tracks heaps of stats, such as lap times, fuel usage, pit stop times etc.

There are a number of race management software systems and the other members/forums on this site can provide pros and cons about each. For me, I tried three and SSDC worked right away and I find it easy to use (I am quite good at computers).

I believe that the software was the second best purchase I made for my slot car hobby, second only to the 6 car power base itself. The pit lane game was a waste of money for me personally and I should had bought a couple of more cars with the money.

Edited by Kholo Kid

Sadly the Pit Lane game is just a game for small children, it doesn't really relate to fuelling or pitstops. You need Pit Pro which is modified by Rikorocket in the UK.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

The original wireless digital system with GRUNT.

Sadly the Pit Lane game is just a game for small children, it doesn't really relate to fuelling or pitstops. You need Pit Pro which is modified by Rikorocket in the UK.

MIH in New Zealand can also do the mod...

I don't believe that anyone in Australia is part of that team with the rights to perform the mods...

Thanks everyone, very helpful info

"That's it kids no pit stop game for this setup", we going to borrow Mums old PC and get us some software....