A Few Tracks I Have Built Recently

32coupe

I would love to use the tape, but this is what the customer wanted, not me.

I prefer the pre-taped braid, but then again, the braid on this one was customer supplied.

Ross, I'll be available to build another track soon................I have an opening in my schedule.

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

I spent today arguing with the braid, did I tell you how much I hate contact cement?

Why not charge a little more and use the double sided tape.

2 guys can lay 400 feet of track in a couple or 3 hours.

One tapes, the other comes behind pressing it in hard, then you just peel back, then same deal with the braid, one flops it in the slot, the other follows behind giving final press.

Actually, I remember the better way is; one leads, holding the roll of braid and unraveling it to suit the layer, who just presses it into place, forcing to the outside edge of the rebate as he goes.

You can go about half walking pace in the laying that way.

either tape or glue ...... Do you still need to wipe braid down with a solvent to remove any oils ?? ...... or is this old school practice?

Well it's done, I really like this one, nice lines, long straits, tight technical section, everything you need for a fun track.

It will be picked up on Sunday, so open day this Saturday.

DSCF7660_zps45d6c3c4.jpg

DSCF7662_zps719b04a0.jpg

DSCF7661_zpsda23daf7.jpg

I absolutely love that 'banked curve', i'd be interested to know how it drives

Looks really good Andrew. I particurly like the repeating "esses".

Jeez Tony.. showing your age now. I remember that track.. think it had Rye beach sand mixed in with the paint.. they musta painted it on a windy day.

Edited by axman

I've spent all morning out in the shed doing laps with a scaleauto 1/24th and my Scorpious wireless controler, swaping from lane to lane and wondering around the track to see where the best vantage points are, I can tell you this much, the view from the end of the strait ( where I took the first photo ) at the high curve is fantastic. You get a great view of the car going around the banked curve, which is just as much off camber as it is on camber.

Got to go now, got a lot more "testing" to do.

Cheers

Andrew

Loki... I don't know if it is the best or not, but my brother and I are using the double sided tape that armchair racer sell.

Whether it necessary or not (I prefer to er on the side of caution) we cleaned all the gunk off the braids using shellite and other electrical cleaners that don't leave a residue. We also painted the slot in a gloss enamel. After doing this, the braid sticks like shite to a blanket. To pull it off, we are actually tearing the braid strands (this was on a trial piece we did). There are those that prefer to use quick fix or similar rather than the tape so consider all options.

Dave

Edited by GTR XU-1

Neeter? Where did you go to school?

Surely you have an older (and better looking) sibling who can guide you through the labyrinthine maze of quoting the Queen's English.

An older sibling skilled in the arts of wordsmiths who you look up to in total admiration perhaps? :P

May the downforce be with you.

Neeter? Where did you go to school?

Surely you have an older (and better looking) sibling who can guide you through the labyrinthine maze of quoting the Queen's English.

An older sibling skilled in the arts of wordsmiths who you look up to in total admiration perhaps? :P

Let me guess ... your brothers ?? Hahaaa

Greg

Mi cumpaer doos nut hav speil chuckr wen un thus forim.....................................

look up to???

Admiration???

Yeah, I do have a few older brothers to choose from.........................

Andrew,

I think a 3 lane version of this would be a very fun and space efficient track for club racing...

NZ's Orakei Raceway...

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17714-race-1-orakei-raceway/page__fromsearch__1

OrakeiRaceway2_zps0cdd2f38.jpg

OrakeiRaceway1_zpsd109c62d.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...