Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Gulf Raceway

The beginnings of my shed circuit. Lots of work to do. No mag Ninco digital but I would love a three lane routed Scorpius. The track is roughly 25m. The original version could be lapped in the mid to low 5sec mark with out of box NSR's.

My favourite cars - Modified Ninco DTM's - take high 5 to low 6sec a lap.

20131010_162526.jpg

20131010_162500.jpg

Any tips, advice or constructive criticisms welcome.

Cheers All

Looking good there Shadow...

I like the fact that you have kept the plastic track, but provided support with mdf...

Very similar to how I will be building my scaley digital setup... When I get a room for it that is...

A very long way from you...

I'm in Canberra...

:(

Apparently I need to learn how to read better...

lol.

The track is in Port Augusta. Open the shed door and I look over Spencer Gulf, hence the name.

I'm not ready to build a routed track yet so I kept my Ninco stuff but wanted to use MDF for smoother elevation changes etc.

Needed to hide one very old and ugly wall so decided to do a quick and simple backdrop.

Still plenty to do.

20131019_161543.jpg

The bottom of the wall should be hidden by the track.

Cheers All

G'day Shadow , I didn't think anything about slot cars was quick or easy,but you have made a very good start .Don't forget Horrocks Pass.

regards digby

Hi Digby, Horrocks Pass is more likely to show up on my mates garden railway I'm helping to build :)

A little more has been done.

20131020_191637.jpg

Cheers All

For some reason I can only post one pic at a time and only with the 'direct' link option from photobucket as opposed to using IMG codes. Any a few other glitches with posting. Has something changed?IMG_20131104_183750.jpg

Not much change beside modded powerbase to run separate power supply and installation of jumper leads. These have improved performance and reliability of our cars dramatically. Modded controllers have made a difference also.

20131108_175802.jpg

20131127_200959.jpg

20131127_201008.jpg

Cheers All

Very Nice Shadow can i ask what is the area it takes in the shed i have 5.2m x 2.6m available in a rectangle.

Edited by Zero

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

thanks shadow im working on it now, oh and its Zero not kart mate :D think i might add the old dining table to 1 end adding around 1.8m x 0.9m, just want the bathroom renos finished so i can get the garage back off my father in law and start building. All in good time i guess :rolleyes:

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

20150722_155900.jpg

Latest incarnation with almost no progress from 2013. All the mdf track borders needed to be removed due to track expansion rates being higher than the screwed down mdf therefore I have resorted to using the Ninco borders.

Since returning to the slot scene I have read about the decline in Ninco. So....what to convert to. Does anyone know if Oxigen or Scorpius can be run side by side with Ninco digital. From Slot-it faq's it seems to me that it can. I would like to run one side by side with Ninco during what I envisage being a long transition period.

Current classes:

DTM/Touring - 18k motors and 100g minimum weight, no mag. Mostly Carrera DTM cars.

GT 20 - 20k motors, Ninco, Scaley etc. Run with GT 22k.

GT 22 - 22k motors, NSR class of course ;-).

LMP - 2000 to now, LMP with open motors.

More to come.

Very nice

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion