Vraa Racing 2013-2014

charlesx

You may all prescribe to other forums but in case not here is a short report on my car for first round.

IMG_6231_zps4ad271be.jpg

No.6 Cooper Climax T60 started well but went down hill all too quickly.

Recorded second fastest qualifying time - only being beaten by Oldslot23.

6th in race which again was not too bad.

Then the bad news hit. I thought the width rules were 2.0" or 50.8mm the same as the Tasman Cup. Phil had probably warned me but I have only just learned the hard way that the rule is 50mm at the edge of tyre thread.

As a result I have been penalised 5 places for each infringement for first round. Bugger!!!!

One of the days I will learn to read rules properly.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Thanks for that Charles jwith all the penalties I might just manage a reasonable placing!

My car tested here and was giving some great times, but by the time t arrived in the US it seems to now have the hand brake on!

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi Phil and Munter. I think there were only about 6 entries that had no penalties. Have to wonder about some of them (4mm too long) but at least I can say mine was as planned - just had wrong plans. Built to 50.8mm rather than 50mm. Would have been so easy to have got right.

Munter remember it was watching your results that got me interested so hope you return to fray sooner than later. With Branco, Aquakiwi, SlotsNZ plus yours truely we are gathering quite a good Kiwi contingent. We cannot let our Aussy cuzzies have it all their own way. Pretty sure DRW21 at least is planning to enter Tasman Cup next year so would be good to see you there too.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

talk of a proxy for 1950's GP

Its not talk now it is going to happen.

And I might just enter if I can get over being rapped very heavily over the knuckles for having an overwide car fitted with an illegal wood guide in the VRAA! :angry::wub:

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.