Sign in to follow this  
neil

Carrera Independent Front Wheels

Been working on some of the Carrera's Can-ams recently........ truing & tightening the rear end.... definitely made the cars a whole lot better to drive...........but......the front wheels............. trying to figure how to cure the sloppiness of the bearing /shaft......have tried turning the rubber own but the slopiness is resulting chattering through the turns & high speed curves....

Has anyone figured a simple way to tightening up the front end without the purchase of aftermarket gear...... do you think the wheels could be be cracked open to remidy this.......

Please share your solutions... what ever they are

cheers for the response guys... or at least the thought of responding.... well thanks to the 52 of you guys that had a veiwing of the Q any way.......

was a bit of a no brainer in the end,,, looked,,probed & measured the better handling Carrera of the bunch & took a bit more rubber of the dia. of the tyre... car doesn't shake violently in the fast section's now but will still shudder when over car turns harder..... can't tell/notice the tyres aren't close to orig. size or scale but I'm not fussy...

I was one of the lookerers Neil, but didn't respond on account of my solution being expensive and laborious, thus not suiting your brief. I reckon nobody had a decent suitable answer and saved wasting your time with dodgy theory.

Cheers,

Chris

My mum says I'm an excellent driver