Round 10 2013 Wrp - Assisi, Italy

Graham Lane

Well done to the podiumites.

Congratulations to Graham and the rest of the crew for surviving the hectic week of slotting.

Whoohoo.... Bottom step Miveson. Congrats.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Whuhooo, La Porta Verde does well in Italy again with a fine 4th place overall and moving up into the top ten in the championship. :D It's a pretty gutless wonder though. These RX81 motors are pathetic and must be of extremely variable quality judging by the test runs we did on the cars. We decided not to do any oiling. Some of them were soaked and one motor actually hardly ran at all until it burnt the oil off. Would you oil your car every six minutes in an endurance race? I think not. A programme needs to be devised for next time with oiling every three rounds or so.

Edited by Graham Lane

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Congratulations to Gazza for his first podium,Teamredracing for his first win and to Dimitris(DImas) for for another step towards retaining 2nd overall.

6th along with a stage win was some consolation for year not according to expectations.

Thanks to Graham and crew for a wonderfull race.I hope next year i can manage to be there.Is it the Castellano stage that i won.That would be an honor.

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Well done Graham and thanks to all for running this stage interesting results seems 111 is fairly consistent and only dropped 2 places lot of offs for some cars yes the RX81 has been a good motor but tired now , here use the Fiesta motor RX91in 4wd bit more oomph and better all round may be an idea in future as I think it is current production, looking forward to the return to OZ .

Thanks guy's, first podium of the event, i think i may have the run a bit too late.

Certainly has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons, points wise

Craig and Matt a now neck and neck, and Craig's got his eye on a podium finish

Looking forward to hear how the cars performed and if there was any difference using the MJK control tyre

Also looking forward to all the photos, that'll keep everyone interested during the postal leg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Wow ,to say I'm wrapped with that result would a understatement. 2 stage wins and an overall . Gotta love Italy . Congrats to Gaz and Dimas for your podiums as well. Points also helped out to keep the Aussie flag flying. I see Mexico is now in it and not doing very good too ^_^:D Now back to Oz where I know my car runs well at Mels but at Gaz's track :wacko:

. Graham , I'm in 2 minds with the 81's. I didnt like them a few years ago as they tended to burn out and the only ones to replace them with was the Pro motor or the 4x4 turbo. That was SCX's big down fall with not making the 81 as a replacement . I think plastic tracks and magnets had a little to do with that . I too think its no use to oiling them every round as I dont think its needed , braid only .

The motor thats in mine has been used for quite a while in another car. It didnt miss a beat so it was transplanted into the car I sent over .Theres good and bad in every motor and if I'm not wrong in saying that most of the cars have motors that have been used in other cars successfully have also been transplanted . I think educating hosts as well as owners . If an owner feels his motor needs oiling regularly then they state that with a note with the car fully knowing the consequences , same as we do with the body scews and the hosts can always ask the question if there not happy with the car and feels it may be needed.

With all that ,thanks to you and the gang ( good to put some faces with names) for the effort you put in over the period . To run 1 proxy is a tough call with the amount of cars you had , but to run 2 proxy's with a s#!t load of cars was a feat. Congrats

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Well done to those at the pointy end, great to see a few new names right up the top. Glad I sent my other car over otherwise it would have been a pretty sad weekend. I really thought my tyres would have been toast by now, the results aren't great so maybe they are on the way out but I think they have done well to hang in there considering the state they were in when the proxy started.

Going to be tough to stay in the top 10 with two rounds to go.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Congratulations to the winners.

Here are some pictures my missus took.

From left to right: Me - Enrico Roberto Carrara - Andi Burt - Walter Merulli - Graham Lane - Dave Capelen.

GEDC0443_zps9bc7c0db.jpg

GEDC0416_zpsee6aaf80.jpg

GEDC0421_zpsd861702c.jpg

GEDC0420_zps8e3751da.jpg

GEDC0422_zps5584db3e.jpg

It was good fun and it was great to see Graham Lane Linn Tom Lane Dave Capelen Allan Wakefield and Frank Tutass again.

It was also a pleasure to meet Martyn John and Andi Burt from the forum and last but not least the other fabulous club mates from Graham.

We had a very good time

Edited by Jaak

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Not invisible Jaak. We're just greedy.

Is that your little man by the trackside? He's grown some.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hope you took the time to teach him some W'English while you were around, Snurf.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I know what you all meant and I was wondering the same as you ppls are.

Had to reply because Leo specifically asked for some pictures of the event :rolleyes:

Should not take this long to see something more, then again I do not know what is going on behind the scenes but a heads up or any word would -be/have been- nice.

I myself was keeping me busy with racing on the big track to much and forgot about the picture taking.

Was glad that my wife made some pictures of the event.

The reason the picture of the hall nearly has no people in it is because they where taken when they all wen't for lunch in the village.

Yes Embs that is my fast becoming not so little fellow 2 1/2 years now,

He is on his way to learning Dutch Portuguese English and French so he should be able to get around.

It was a good pleasure to meet Martyn in real life he is a great bloke and funny too.

We had a race on Tuesday with the locals on the big Ninco track and I can say the club standard is high.

Non of us managed to beat any of the locals on there home track.

The winner did 133 Laps (Walter Merulli) while I only managed 116 laps.

Mind you Walter is freakishly fast and has several Italian Championship wins on his name.

We had to pack very fast on Friday before our 900 Km drive as we thought we had to leave the house at 12:00 but it was actually 10:00, this was a big mistake on our side as I had put the book with house rules aside and totally forgot about it when we arrived after driving trough the night without sleep.

Therefore we had to leave the apartment in a bit of a state and not as we would have liked too,

but Linn was making no issues of it at all and said you just do your packing and we will sort the rest.

We had a very good week in Italy and where amazed with the kindness of the Italians and how they respect there elders and how much attention they give to little kids.

Christian was treated to all kinds of presents from total strangers at most of the places we went.

Assisi the birthplace of St Francis and Deruta where the Majolica/Maiolica pottery is being made for centuries where the other highlights of our stay.

Could I live in Italy..certainly yes..do I like the Italians...more then I ever knew.

Hoping with you peeps to see and hear some more ^_^

Edited by Jaak

club-1.pngchristian-fish-symbola.jpg

THINGIEPHILE REBEL EXTRAORDINAIRE

Same thoughts here Jaak. Could move there tomorrow. I knew how much fun the Italians were after visits to Caroline's family around Milan and Como. Great people. She's a Ferrari, no less! (Sadly, different branch ).

Some background about the delays- Dave took lots of photos but unfortunately is running back and forth to the hospital with Barbs. I think Graham has a pc issue that may require some serious remedial action, he'll update us soon. I think Priest'y took many pic too, I'll nag him by PM to see if we can get some up.

I didn't turn up until after WRP was done and dusted, so only have pics of the Mini Monte Carlo.

The club night we all attended with GSP Assisi was great fun. Damn can those boys get the inline slot.its moving ! Learnt quite a lot and trailed Jaak in with about 5 laps less, but at least I got top Brit!

• Upvote 1
wosautos12.gif

• 3 weeks later...