Round 10 2013 Wrp - Assisi, Italy

Graham Lane

A large box of toy cars for me to play with arrived a few moments ago!

All look safe and sound in a very professional-looking box. Well done guys.

Just the right amount of time to get them all checked over and prepped for action.

I'll keep you posted.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Great news Graham

We've (Mel, Craig, Mario and i) have literally walked in the door after being at round 10 of the WRC in Coffs Harbour

Will check out all the threads over the next few days

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Round 10 is scheduled for 3rd and 4th October, the two days prior to the Mini Monte Carlo rally. That is when it will happen because several of the MMC drivers will have arrived and we'll be able to run the event much better. In the meantime here are some photos of the car I've prepared for my son Tom, winner of the Mini Mille Miglia 20011, to drive in the WRC category of the MMC.

.P1000984_zps94e495c5.jpg

P1000983_zpse25b79ef.jpg

P1000978_zps9bbba200.jpg

P1000987_zpsd3e2e72d.jpg

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

• 2 weeks later...

The cars were unpacked and we gave each one a lap of our Ninco circuit to determine any problems.

No 82 of Dave Kneale. The right-hand rear wheel departed and we found the hub was cracked. A common problem with push-on wheels and one that can be fixed with a piece of tube or washer to keep the crack closed. We'll give it a fix. Andy 'demon tweeks' is also from the Isle of Man so get him to show you how he did his.

No 15 of Andy 'Demon Tweeks'. Ran very slowly and smoke was pouring out of the motor. On my test bed back home I ran it again and, once the smoke cleared, it went faster and faster. I think it had just been over-oiled and it got on the commutator. With the cars doing so few laps and getting oiled at each round it's easily done. After all, we wouldn't oil the cars every six minutes in a 24 hour race, would we?

No 21 The owner had emailed me to say to ask if I would check the guide. It seems fine to me and the car ran OK.

So, on with the show!

P1010341_zps967eed52.jpg

P1010338_zps07955c49.jpg

P1010337_zps3daea396.jpg

P1010336_zps5bf04c34.jpg

P1010335_zps76b07502.jpg

P1010332_zps525e6d47.jpg

P1010342_zpsc5611bee.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

Great start Graham, enjoy the event.

Re "Still laughing at the deleted post! ( can you guess what it is yet?)" - something to do with Graham's first photo by any chance?

Leo

Edited by Scuderia_Turini
Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

what a lot of cars, its mindblowing how popular this proxy is. Long may it continue. Good luck with this weekend Graham.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Looking a little crowded around that bottom corner, Graham. Hope it's a great weekend.

Have fun with it.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I think at the moment they are all busily sleeping off a pizza and vino binge. But Graham has had a very busy time of it running the WRP, playing hostess and then running MMC. I expect we'll get the report on Monday or Tuesday.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Some very delicate casualties floating about yesterday, good grapes in this part of the world, so visitors are obliged to show their appreciation as often as possible. There has been a bit of an issue with us accessing wifi, but we hope to have it sorted tonight, after another full days racing. So results will be up on the not too distant future.

As a first time visitor, I've been absolutely bowled over by the club setup here. I've taken a few walk around vids, I'll get them posted in a weeks time when I get home, so you can get a feel for Graham's fantastic club. Ciao bella and all the hairy fellas.

Ps, the grub, booze and coffee here is probably the best refreshment in the world.

wosautos12.gif

Just to let you know that the last four days have been completely manic and I haven't had a moment to report back. But we're having a great time and there will be lots of photos and video footage.

Dave Capelen has been crunching the numbers for Round 10 and they should be published tomorrow.

Best regards

Graham

...this is the BIG one!